SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjmejia_gw

need help on this! I have no idea of A/C devices

cjmejia
15 years ago

I am starting a fitness facility on Aruba, dutch caribbean.

I got a second floor with approx 5400 sqft divided in the following: 485 sqft of bathroom area, 430 sqft into 3 offices area, 485 sqft spinning room area, 485 sqft aerobics area, 3000 sqft weight room, cardiovascular and reception area.

I quoted with 2 different companies: one offered a mechanical ventilation system for the bathroom area, a 10 ton and a 12.5 ton Trane HVAC for the 3000 sqft weight room and cardiovascular area, a 10 ton Trane HVAC for both 485 sqft spinning room area and 485 sqft aerobics area, and a 5 ton Trane HVAC for the 3 offices and reception area. another dealer offered me the Lennox brand as follows 2x12.5 ton units for weight room and cardiovascular area, 10 ton for both 485 sqft spinning room area and 485 sqft aerobics area, and a 5 ton Trane HVAC for the 3 offices. It will be a facility located on a 2nd floor, surrounded on 3 sides of 1/4" light dark windows 6'4" of height. The roof is 13 feet high. In the offices the roof is gonna be 8 ft high. The Lennox dealer offered me fibertec textile ducting system for an additional price.

They both calculated a delta T of 35/23 degrees celsius (95F/23.4F). the place is expected to be with 30 people working out at its minimum and 75 people per hour at its max.

How should I proceed in the evaluation of the offers now?

Comments (6)