SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Proper response to housewarming gift

igloochic
14 years ago

Help me girls....

We've been blessed by lovely neighbors at our new home. One delivered a beautiful boquet of lily's in a lovely vase, old, not antique, not ming, but still a nice vase....

We thanked them (DH did actually) and invited them for wine some time, but nothing specific. I am going to drop off a thank you note in person this weekend and am wondering...do I return the vase? I'm thinking I could fill it with flowers and return it.....is that wrong or right? It's obviously not a florist piece so I'm wondering...did they want it back? ACK this is hard LOL (Our past neighbors have never been this lovely). LOL

Then the other neighbor sent a lovely holiday wreath. I haven't put it on the door yet because it's not yet "Christmas" (it's in evergreens with a red bow). I will call them tomorrow and invite them for a specific date of wine as well as hang the wreath on Friday. Is that ok? Should I also send a hand written thank you which would arrive after their wine visit?

What would you do? It's lovely to be in this position LOL but still, I want to respond the right way....

Comments (9)