SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amharris

24" Miele Dryer -- vented or condenser?

Anne Harris
10 years ago

Hi all. I am in the process of a long renovation in a second home. We are currently working on plans for the master BR/Bath area, and have decided to incorporate the washer/dryer somewhere in that area (most likely in the master closet; second option would be the bathroom). Both areas are relatively large--but I'll probably get a stackable unit rather than putting them side by side.

Thought I'd start casually looking for info here about W/D--and was particularly interested in Mieles. So...when I started looking at the feedback on Miele's on this forum today (about 23 hours ago--holy cow where did the day go!), I read that Miele has discontinue vented dryers. In my application I could use either a vented or condenser unit. I've always had a vented dryer, so I really have no idea if a condenser dryer is significantly different?

If the condenser can get connected to the plumbing of the washer, so I don't have to empty it, are there other downsides to the condenser type? I've hear some say that they create more heat in the room they are in?

I'm not in a rush to make a decision, but when I go to some of the appliance websites they say to call to see if they can still get a vented Miele. So, naturally now I'm wondering if I should run and find a vented one (if available) and buy it!

Advice please??? Thanks!

Comments (12)