SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

you won't believe who called ...

User
12 years ago

The OIG for the USPS. He called to follow up on my complaint. He was very nice and talked for an hour. He said that it is a felony to throw out any mail. He said he wished he had gotten my form before the remains were sent to Atlanta to the MRC. There is an OIG office upstairs in the Capitol Heights MD USPS plant. He would have called in favors and gotten someone to walk down and secure the books.

He said the books have to be in Atlanta in a bin...now with all the books from the whole eastern US instead of just that one plant...thanks to the stupid lazy person in MD. He is going to try and figure out a way to do something about the employee but not sure what since laziness is not a crime.

Best suggestion at this point is to NOT let the MRC in Atlanta shuffle me and my paperwork into the system. He said I have to get a supervisor to take an interest. He said this system "sucks" ...his words not mine. He said he never uses Media Mail.

So I am going to see if I can get a super on the phone in Atlanta. Am trying to reach my postmaster and see if he will do it or if the Consumer Affairs people in B'ham will do it. If not I will see if they will listen to me.

Otherwise the paper I sent them goes in a pile and when someone works there way down to it then maybe they will look for the books. The post office gets big money for the auctioned items so there is no reason for them to want to return them to me. OIG said this to me also.

So there you have it. Maybe the "squeaky wheel will get the grease",,,in this case the loud Grandmother. c

Comments (27)