SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stefan88_gw

Lowes shipped me Bosch floor demo's!

stefan88
17 years ago

Hello. Last week I purchased a bosch 500 series washer and dryer set from Lowes of Naperville. The salesman beat ABT's price which was about $100 lower by 10%. I was very happy about that. Inventory showed 1 of each in stock tuesday night. Saturday morning the delivery guys come and drop off the appliances. Everything seemed ok but they couldn't install them because the salesman forget to ask me if I needed installation and wasn't billed for it. Plus they didn't have a gas line for the dryer. Upon closer inspection I noticed the washer door was slightly mis-aligned exactly like the model I saw in the store the other day. Not only that but the controls were filthy. It was then that I realized what happened. They had shipped me the floor demo's! Appalled I set off for Lowes.

I talked to a salesman there and he assured me such a thing could never happen. I looked in the aisle and sure enough their demo machines were missing. The salesman suggested I call for a service visit to have the washer door looked at. If I wanted to discuss the situation further I would need to wait to talk to his department supervisor. I elected to leave for lunch and returned an hour later. This time I talked to the same person who sold me the machines and he admitted there had been a "mix up". At this point he said he had no idea when he'd be getting any new machines in stock "could be 1-2 weeks or more" and offered an additional 10% off the demo machines they had shipped to me. Having recently moved to the area and being without a washer & dryer for nearly 2 weeks I reluctantly accepted the additional 10% off.

But having used the washer a couple times it really vibrates a lot despite being fairly leveled. Enough to make the dryer next to it shake also. Looking at it, it doesn't have the newer light grey feet mentioned on this forum and most likely not the newer electronics programming to help with that. Needless to say I'm not very happy about the situation. I think I'm going to go back and ask for an exchange for 2 new machines even if it takes a few weeks.

What would you do in my situation?

Comments (19)