SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alongroadahead

Bosch 500 at Lowes toay....

alongroadahead
17 years ago

DH was at Lowes & I asked him to see if there may be any deals on the 3200 if any were left in stock. He came home & said they were gone & there was only a 500. I got unnecessarily excited (I do need more of a life) and asked 100 questions that he had no info on.

He's going to another Lowes tomorrow (they were out of stock on the drill he was looking for) so I asked him to please take pictures of the new Bosch (whatever models are in). I'm such a dork. I'll post anything he finds out!

Monica

Comments (102)

• EddySoep_Bellsouth_net
    17 years ago

Mindi,

Will it be possible for you to show your washer along with its pads? Also is your 500 DLX?

I think I've pretty much narrow down to Bosch 500 DLX, but before that I was very anxious about Whirlpool Duet Sport 8500S.

Thanks

• kimscorpio
    17 years ago

First let me say that I'm glad I found this posting. I bought a Bosch Nexxt 6400 Washer & Dryer at Lowes in mid March 2006 which were deliverd in mid April. LOVE the Washer!!!

The dryer quit working on June 22. I had purchased the extended warranty through Lowes and called them to come repair the dryer. Three service calls, technicians and four weeks later I had Lowes replace the dryer.

When I called the sales rep, he told me that the 6400 series was no longer avaiable, but he could replace it with the 500 series dryer.

I couldn't find any information on Bosch's or Lowes website about the specifications to see if they matched my 6400. I was a little concerned. I finally received my replacement dryer on Tuesday (7/18/06). There are fewer features than on my 6400 and the 500 series is quite a bit noisier.

The dryer is stable, but it almost sounds like the drum is off-balance. I'm almost afraid to have the repair service come look at it.

As some of you get the Nexxt 500 series dryer, please let me know if you experience any noise issues.

Thanks & good luck

• Related Discussions

Lowe's can't get Nexxt 500, help!

Q

Comments (26)
    I wouldn't advise putting anything heavy like sand in the Bosch pedestal drawers. They're kind of flismy. We have the pedestals and I'm not sorry we bought them. Although I can't say I would advise anyone else to get them. It does help a lot with the bending over thing and that's good. We have switched to smaller containers of concentrated detergent, like Wisk and Method. Those bottles fit in the drawers very easily. Also garage towels and other small stuff goes in there so it's not a total waste. Still a great laundry set. 6 months later and I still help with the laundry. I wonder how much longer that will last ;)
    ...See More

Bosch Next 500 leaking from bottom

Q

Comments (10)
    griz4: I noticed Lowe's also sells the old standard design Frigidaire Front Loader; the model that is similar to your old Kenmore Front Loader. You may want to consider this as a replacement for the leaking Bosch model received. Of course, it is a more simplified washer than the Bosch NEXXT and it doesn't make rocket science out of cleaning your laundry, but you know what they say: "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know." Here are the "original style" Frigidaire model numbers available at Lowe's: With Rear Control, 16 wash cycles, model GLTR1670FS $543.59 With Front Control, 5 wash cycles, model FTF530FS $511.54
    ...See More

Bosch 500 Nexxt Plus - Excessive Vibration Issues

Q

Comments (13)
    I'll have to check at the library for the latest Consumer Reports reviews on washers. I am limited as to what Lowes carries because that is where the gift card will originate. We have looked at the new Bosch Vision 500 and they look cheap not as nice as the original Nexxt series. We looked at the Samsung, and the Electrolux. We both like the Electrolux, reversible washer door (which works well for our setup), it has prewash, larger capacity which helps in washing pants and shirts weekly. At this point, I do not know what's wrong with it. They tech is putting a new motherboard and motor controller board and I'm going to ask him if this does not work that we both speak to Lowes and get it replaced. We paid 999 for the washer and I bet there will be that much in repairs after this time. I will always get extended warranties on anything electronic these days when they come with a lot of moving parts. Dishwasher, washers and dryers are key to these warranties. Also, does anyone know what they do with the set? Do they take them or do I need to discard them myself. If they let me keep them, I might give them to a friend who is in need of a washer/dryer. Maybe she will get it repaired and working correctly who knows. Matt Spfd IL.
    ...See More

bosch 500 service call today...

Q

Comments (12)
    So.... late last week they called to schedule to come (remember I'm only here to do this Monday and Tuesday each week), so he came today. Said 'after 4' arrived about quarter TO 4... great! Replaced the pump and the control panel behind the selector knob (which cycle/temp know controller).... female describing here! I had him show me how to clean out the drain, so for all you Bosh ownders, here goes... stick something small into the hole inthe cover and rotate it clockwise until the grooves and tabs line up for the cover to fall off (may have to pay with it a bit...) You will see a round black "cover" that you unscrew (be careful and have rags or a wet vac handy there IS water in there... ) then there is a screen that may or may not have "stuff" collected in it... puls you may find other good "stuff" (typically from pockets) in there too... clean it out, put it back together and you're good to go.... Remember, the repair guy said this is something we owners should do with some regularity... although Boschris was pretty emphatic that only service people were to do this... this guy said if you notice the pump not working right check that first... although in my case there was squat in there! yeah... told him I like to find my wash day money before it gets wet! Now... for the 'test' load I started after he left to finish running through to see if this solves my problem... Overall, I'd say the service went well... it did take about 1 - 1/2 weeks for them to get one of the parts in ... which seems like a long time to me... but... given my schedule, they probably wouldn't have been able to come sooner anyway... so it works....
    ...See More
  • alongroadahead
    Original Author
    17 years ago

So, after pulling more stained clothes from my 8 year old kenmore, we bit the bullet & went to Lowes this morning. After delivery & extended warranty (and before rebates) the pair came to @2146. We're getting $175 in Lowes gift cards (dh is thrilled) and the rebate for delivery ($85). Our salesguy (Phil) found my enthusiasm and decisiveness amusing. I told him i've gotten myself quite well informed ;)

Just when we thought we were done, we walked out after paying and saw the F&P top load dryer out on their sidewalk sale. I've been talking my mom into F&P (she has a terribly bad back & is much more comfortable using a top loader). The as-is floor model dryer was down to $350! We grabbed it, called my mom, convinced her into buying the set & surprised salesguy Phil by coming back to buy more. The sidewalk sale items had to be taken same day- no delivery. However, since we bought 3 new appliances, Phil told us to get the dryer on a cart & bring it into him & he'd set them all up for delivery. This guy was great! If anyone's in the Brooklyn, NY Lowes, ask for Phil!

If all goes well, installation will be this Thursday. The dryer wasn't in stock but is expected in tomorrow so we picked later in the week just to be on the safe side. I'll let you all know how all 4 new machines are!!! lol

Monica

• alongroadahead
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thursday is taking forever to get here! i want my bosch! dh just came in & asked if I knew what the first load of laundry i'd be doing is. ummmm, yeah- dd's clothes! lol seriously, who else gives laundry this much thought (ok, anyone here on this forum!)

• alongroadahead
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's here & I love it to pieces!!! No vibrations. The machines are so quiet it's insane. With both machines going, you can only hear them in the laundry room! I had a bit of a learning curve with the cycles (as I knew I would- this is my first front-loader) and i'm happier & happier. My curtains look brand-new. The slip cover for my ottoman looks brand new & it's white with blue ticking stripes. Overall, this set was sooooo worth the money! I'll be very excited to get my rebates back but without those it still feels like money very very well spent.

Thanks to all for the great input!

Monica

• jjam
    17 years ago

I am so impressed with the reviews of the Bosch 500. I have an upstairs laundry closet, on a tile floor, (very well built house though, 25 years old and solid as a rock) but the closet is only 31 inches deep. I might be able to move bifold doors out just a bit to gain a little space, but do I have enough depth to consider these? I could vent the dryer out to the right side, if that's possible with these units. Are any of the new owners who have posted rave reviews using these in second floor installations?? Thanks.

• dross
    17 years ago

jjam, the actual footprint is les than 29", but the machine is wide at the doors, so I think 31" will be tight unless your bifold is left slightly ajar. - DR

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

Hello everyone. I work for the laundry product group here at Bosch and I have to tell you, I love reading about your experieinces with our products and especially the new line. So after reading for about a year or so, I decided I had best join the conversation. Believe me I know the risk involved here (see Jon_M from another manufacturer)! I'm sure there will be lots of questions and I will do my best to answer them... in as timely a way possible. I do travel a bit and this will not be my primary function, so like I said I'll just try to do my best to answer your questions. So please take it easy on this newbie and I'll try to help when I can.

To take my first shot at answreing a question, I also think that 31" is not enough depth for the dryer due to the fact the door bows out a little. I think you would need to have about 34" to do it comfortably. Yes, there is a kit you can get to vent out the right side.

• jjam
    17 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I'm still hoping these machines might work for me, but it will depend on whether or not my bi-fold doors can be re mounted toward the front of the door opening, giving me a few more inches in depth. The actual floor space is 31 1/2 inches, but if I want to close the doors I need to move them out a couple of inches. If I do vent the dryer out to the right, which would be great since the vent is located on the rear right wall of the closet, do I need to add any extra inches to the depth allowance for the dryer? If this doesn't work I'll go to plan B, probably the new Sears HE2t or Fridgidare Affinity.
    I do love what I'm hearing about the Bosch, though.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Hi bsh chris, my lowes salesperson said I could get the whole through Lowes but did not have info on the 2006 models yet. Could you tell me the differences between the 700, 500dlx and 500 series?
    Specifically, besides aquaguard, what do you get above the other models? I know you get a longer delayed timer, different cosmetics and interactive language display. Do you get quickwash in all cycles like the April press release noted.
    Does the 700 have rinse and spin like the 500 dlx?
    Do any of these machines come with a drying rack?
    Is Bosch coming out with a bigger pedestal anytime? The eight inch does not seem tall enough to justify buying them. The whirlpools and GEs are much taller making it easier for people who have bad backs.

Thanks for any info, Scott

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

Okay, some answers

If you vent out the right hand side with the accessory kit, you can go ahead and push the machine back as far as the wall and/or cord will allow.

The differences among the 500, DLX, and 700 Series:

The 500 Series (WFMC3301UC) features the 170F XXTRASanitary fature, the Quick Wash 25 cycle, 1100 rpm top spin speed. All new imporvements over the old 3200. It also consumes less water and energy than its predecessor. The matching dryer does not come with a drying rack.

The DLX has all of these features but features a newer more attractive design with silver accents. It does also have the Rinse & Spin function. The matching dryer comes with a drying rack.

The 700 Series features everything included in the 500 plus 1200 rpm, the AQUAGUARD cycle that utilizes NikWax to make your clothes water resistant, 24 hr. time delay in 30 min. incraments (compared to 19hr. in the 500), slightly better efficiency numbers accross the board including kWh/year, MEF, WF, and gal. per year, and chrome design elements. Also within the LCD display are options like Quick Wash, Power Wash, Pre-Soak, and Spin Speed Selection that can be applied to any cycle. I admit it doesn't have a rinse & spin, but you could always just run a soak cycle that will finish with a gentle 400 rpm spin, and then run the spin cycle at whatever speed you like to extract more water. The matching dryer comes with a drying rack.

The Bosch washer was engineered to have a more ergonomical control panel so we placed it on the top of the machine. A pedestal that is too high would make it hard to operate and read the control panel. The tilt in the tub and the extra large 16" door opening were added to make it easier to laod and unload. Eventually we may come out with a bigger pedestal, but there is not one planned at this time.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Very helpful. Props to the Bosch guy for the quick and informative responses. Thanks, Scott

PS So the 500DLX does have a soak cycle?

• stever500
    17 years ago

Great stuff. What is the model # then that comes in all platinum color? Got pics of the new machine yet? Lowes said it might be out around September.

Steve R

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Quick question for Bosch Chris - does the 700 or 500 level washers allow you to program an extra rinse? My mom's GE FL has an extra rinse button tha I used a lot. Thanks, again

• alongroadahead
    Original Author
    17 years ago

the 500 has an extra rinse setting.

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

The DLX has Rinse & Spin; the 500 has "soak" and "spin" as different cycles

There will be a silver (platinum) color 500 Series available later this year. The model numbers are:
    Washer - WFMC330SUC
    Elec. Dryer - WTMC332SUS
    Gas Dryer - WTMC352SUC
    I'll try to post some images as soon as I have some good ones.

All of our washers have a "Rinse plus" option that allows you to add extra rinses

Actually, I tried to post some images of the control panels here but I couldn't do it. Can someone teach me how I post an image in my posting??

• highseas
    17 years ago

Another question for Chris... Having waited for the arrival of the new machines, I was about to pull the trigger on the new 500 series when I started hearing rumblings about the 'risks' of second floor installations. I spoke with someone at Bosch who basically said, "We don't recommend them on the 2nd floor." I was originally going to buy the Duets, then I decided that I really liked the Bosch units (we're thrilled with our new Bosch dishwasher). Now that Whirlpool has modified the suspension on the Duet, they claim they are fine for installation on an upper floor.

Our home is 6 years. Custom-built and well-built. The laundry room is on the second floor and there is a finshed basement. The washer is in a drip pan. I don't know about the construction details of the room but the wall opposite the machines is on the main centerline of the house. I'm guessing the machines are only 4 feet off the centerline. There is a hardwood floor in the laundry room.

Chris, any chance I can confidently get the Bosch machines and have their performance fully warranted?

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

highseas

One thing is for sure: The most stable installation possible on a level concrete floor, with all shipping bolts removed, and feet perfectly leveled is the best way to eliminate the vibration issue. And THIS is THE installation we recommend.

However, the machines should be fine to be placed in your second story. The new line-up from Bosch includes our latest attempts to neutralize vibration including re-programming the washer controls. We have seen a significant decline in vibration issues and these forums also include those who have them in a second story with no problems. I would say that as long as you are sure to remove the shipping bolts in the back of the washer and you properly level and lock the legs you should be fine.

Clearly you do have some risk factors including being on a second floor and having hardwood floors. In addition, I can't give any special warranty or guarantee beyond what is our stated policy. However, I would say that if you want a very quiet, qualitiy washer in your second story, Bosch would be an excellent choice.

Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question, and what your final choice is.

• highseas
    17 years ago

Chris,
    Many thanks for your response. One final question... There has been some discussion on these forums regarding anti-vibration pads (e.g., Kellett Enterprises' Shake Away Plus). Is this something that you recommend? Is it simply a situation where it can't hurt, or is it a case where these are only gimmicks and may cause more harm? I am assuming that using the drip pan would have no impact on properly balancing the machine as it's just a thin piece of plastic.

Finally, I'd like to say that I very much appreciate your participation in these forums. There is great value for Bosch in being part of a community filled with its greatest fans and critics. Your efforts will be providing an invaluable service to those of us who rely on these forums as one of the few sources of good information (and those we talk to about such matters like friends and family who happen to need a new appliance). On your side, I hope Bosch leverages our feedback to continue to improve its products and the service it provides to its customers. More companies should participate in these new ways of doing business.

• stever500
    17 years ago

Thanks alot, Chris. I look forward to getting a platinum colored W&D as soon as they come out!

Steve R

• sal836
    17 years ago

Question for Chris,
    I'm a brand new member, just join today but been watching and observing for over a month. I've been interested in the Bosch brand. Here are my questions...Is the 700 series more quiet than the 500 series (especially the dryer)?? Which will show up first, 700 in platinum or the 500; and is the 500 platinum going to include the DLX series? And finally regarding the opinion of the LCD display, is it a helpful feature or something that is cumbersome and less reliable??

One other thing, our laundry room is on the first floor but a raise foundation, the room has tile in it, Is that considered the same thing as the "second floor issues"?, the room is in the corner of the house foundation....

Thanks a lot Chris

Sal

• EddySoep_Bellsouth_net
    17 years ago

Chris,

If I decided to use the anti vibration pads from Kellett, would you still recommend to have all the bolts removed and have it sit on the pads?

Since I'm still a newbie in Bosch product, what's the different between Nexxt and Axxis?

Mindi,

If you're still reading this thread, did you remove your bolts before placing it on your pads?

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Bsch Chris wants to know how to post images so we can see the control panels. Please help him.

I am very interest in the images as want to see how much of a display the 700 has. I personally think buttons are fine and only fear something more complicated because of future breakdowns.

• sovia
    17 years ago

We are building new construction and this is definitely the machine I want. The electrician shows up tomorrow and so I am trying to be prepared. Doesn't this machine require a higher voltage due to the heater? I tried to look on the Bosch website, but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

• dross
    17 years ago

sovia, the Axxis requires the 240V, the Nexxt only 120V. You probably want a 240 line in your laundry room anyway, in case you ever want to run a US-style dryer.

Water is heated with watts, not volts. Make sure your wiring can carry high current. - DR

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

The 700 Series is slightly quiter than the 500 in the washer, but the dryers are equally quiet. The 500 in platinum will be available in about 1 month while the 700 in platinum should be available Jan. 2008. On the other hand, the premium platinum from our existing line is available now (like the 700 series, but no 170F program and no Aquaguard). There is no plan at this time for a platinum version of the DLX. I actually really like the LCD. It does take some getting used to, but I would not call it cumbersome at all. As for reliability, every component is life tested and I have just as much confidence in the LCD control as any other part. As for the foundation/second floor issues I think this may have been overblown a little. If the units are properly installed and properly leveled you should certainly not have vibration issues.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: Most all front loaders come with shipping bolts to hold the drum in place and prevent damage during shipping. THESE SHOULD ALWAYS BE REMOVED BEFORE OPERATING. Otherwise the suspension system in the machine is not free to work properly and performance will be seriously reduced

I'm on the road today and in meetings. So I'll answer more questions when I can.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Thanks for the input. Maybe this will help. There are pictures of the 300 series early in this thread, how does the 500 and 700 differ in number of buttons and knobs. Maybe you could get your web guys to add a picture to the web site. By the way, why is this Bosch site the only one with the 2006 line http://bosch.hamon-associates.com/product479.html.

I guess I would just like to see the panel since the units are not in stores yet.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

I did a little digging and saw a picture of the Nexxt 6400 hoping that would be a good basis of comparison for the 700 series. Thanks again

• sal836
    17 years ago

Sbaker90,
    Are you sure that is a correct web address:

http://bosch.hamon-associates.com/product479.html

I tried it but no valid site, then I tried:
    bosch.hamonassociates.com (without hyphen) and got an advertising frim but only bosch advertisements, no product lines....

Can you set up a link to the site your talking about?

thanks

Sal

• sal836
    17 years ago

Also Chris,

"while the 700 in platinum should be available Jan. 2008"

I'm sure you ment January 2007... Right??

Sal

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Try this link:
    http://bosch.hamon-associates.com/category115.html

this is the one I saved to my favorites

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

If someone can help teach me how to post images I would love to show all of you the new products. The site you are referencing is not an official site, and they should NOT have these pages be accessable because it could give people the wrong impression about the products.

I did of course mean that the 700 platinum will be coming in Jan. 2007. Sorry I have fat fingers!

• sal836
    17 years ago

thanks sbaker90

I was able to access the site and saw the pictures of the different models, its look like the 500dx and 700 have the same front panel, that might be incorrect now that I have read chris's messasge...

I'm glad the 700 is coming this January, interesting same time as miele's new models...

Chris, do you know what the price will be?? (Washer & Dryer)

Sorry, I dont know how to post images either

Sal

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

The 500 and 700 DO NOT have the same panel or features. I'll try to find a way to get you the right images.

The price on the 700 Platinum:
    Washer - $1299
    Dryer - $949/$999

• mindi
    17 years ago

Hi all -

Sorry to have been away so long - busy with the new house and all, I will try to get some pictures posted - I have never done that - and no, I did not remove any bolts. The pads are only small squares that the feet set on top of for the up/down vibration issues.

I will see if I can get some decent shots tonight...

I have also had the issue with the dryer not keeping its place in the cycle when I open the door, any advice would be helpful. Also, there is a small rattle when I first turn on the dryer and it cycles away and reappears about every 10-15 seconds. I called for repair and the guy came to the house and stuffed some foam from my jewelry box under a plastic piece under the dryer lid. This worked for a couple loads and started again...any ideas?

Thanks all!

Mindi

• frankie57
    17 years ago

My 500 dryer does not keep it's place in the cycle when I open the door either. At first I thought I thought it was because I was pushing the start/pause button before opening, so I tried it with just opening the door, doesn't matter either way it still starts all over again. I'm not to sure I like that, but I notice that when it does start all over it adjusts itself and the cycle time is shorter.

I didn't have time to order the pads that Mindi has since Lowes delivered my washer earlier than expected. I had wanted to order them to have on hand incase I needed them. I was hoping I wasn't going to need them, but......I am experiencing vibrations. When using the cotton cycle at 1100RPM's it rattles, shakes, vibrates the floor and wall. I've been using the reduce spin option on the cotton cycle and it's much better, just slight vibration. I have no idea how fast it is spinning when reduced spin is selected. I'm thinking maybe 900RPM's because on the permanent press cycle the high spin is 800RPM's and it doesn't vibrate then.

I called Lowes the next day they hooked me up with a repair shop which ordered a vibration kit from Bosch. The kit is finally in and will be installed tomorrow. I'm sure hoping this will solve the problem, but if not, I will continue to use the reduced spin option on the cotton cycle. There is NO WAY I'm giving this machine up, I LOVE IT! I can live with not being able to use the full spin speed.

One thing I have noticed and wondering if you Mindi or anybody else that has the new 500 washer or maybe bsh chris might be know if it is normal. It seems to me that the washer is very picky about balancing before spinning. It will sometimes take forever to spin, it will spin around slowly for a while then stop, then start again and spin a little faster, then slow down, then speed up, sometimes never really going into the highest speed at all. NO, it's not that I haven't put different weights, sizes or whatever of clothing in there, it'll do it no matter what type of load is in there. Is this normal or did the delivery guys knock something outta whack?

Even with the vibration issue and the balancing deal I still am very happy with the Bosch 500 and I know I choose the right washer after all the research I did for months. It is sooooo quiet, uses way less water which was why we swithced to FL in the first place, our clothes are so much cleaner, fresher, brighter, softer even after just using it for 2 1/2 weeks. I would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a great FL'er.

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

In another forum I tried to address the dryer issue. It may give you an innaccurate reading at first regarding the cycle time, but it will adjust itslelf based on the moisture in the clothes.

The "never really spinning" thing is the washer making sure it has the load in balance before heading into a high spin. IF you notice a longer cycle time and you see it doing that, you can pause the machine and reach in and distribute the clothes your self if necessary. If you walk up to the machine and its stopped and the clothes are wet, you might try redistributing the clothes and running the spin cyce.

• highseas
    17 years ago

I was at Lowe's this evening and almost pulled the trigger on the Nexxt 500 set. However, I'm stuck on the notion that this is a 'risky' purchase versus going with the Duet. Technically, I believe the Bosch is the superior machine. It's ability to deal with incoming water of any temperature is a huge plus for us since our hot water heater is set well below the minimum point for the Duet heater to do anything. So, here are this issues:
    - The Duet has a suspension that they confidently approve for upper floor installations
    - Their customer service people are far superior. In three calls to Bosch, one on my dishwasher and two in researching this purchase, I have dealt with reps who make me feel like I'm wasting their time. In my two calls to Whirlpool, I felt as though they were generally concerned about my issues, asked questions, etc. (Come on Bosch, get some folks who care both about the product and the customers. Prank the Whirlpool folks. Better yet, call LLBean or another company known for service.)
    - Duets outsell these things by 6:1 at most stores I've called. Not that I'm for following the masses, but being in the majority can have its advantages.
    - Reports on the board about quirky behavior, high temps, timers, long cycle times, etc. (I know the Duets aren't perfect either but these Bosch machines ought to be performing at the top of their game considering they've just been upgraded.)

So, all you Bosch and Duet fans out there (including Chris), tell me why I should or shouldn't feel like I'm taking a bit of a risk with the Bosch.

• dross
    17 years ago

Bosch has been building FLs for a long time, and in Europe are considered a premium brand as compared with Bauknecht/Whirlpool. We bought our Bosch when it was fresh on the US market, and had resisted buying a US FL before that exactly because we wanted to buy from an experienced European company like Bosch or Miele. Their customer service people do have a habit of being a bit arrogant and offputting...but the goal is to buy a machine for which you needn't speak to such people at all!

FWIW, there is not a shred of evidence that the Duet suspensions - even on the new machines - are any better than the suspensions of any other manufacturer's FL; when Whirlpool talks about "improved suspension" that is only relative to their own older suspensions. We have reports on this forum of people who returned their Duet Sport, replaced them with a Bosch, and said the new machine was quieter/more stable.

However, Bauknecht does make quality machines as well, so if you are are more comfortable with their machines then it is not a mistake to buy from them instead. - DR

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

highseas - I can undserstand your hesitation and frustration. I will try to take your concerns on one at a time.

Suspension - Bosch washers can be installed in second floor situations. THE BEST installation is on the ground floor on a concrete surface, no doubt. However, with extra attention given to proper leveling you can put a Bosch upstairs. We have made specific improvements in these washers since their debut and we have seen a drop in the complaints regarding this issue. It is also important to note that Bosch is not the only brand that receives this complaint. The fact is the machines are spinning up to 1200 rpm and any machine not properly installed will vibrate and move.

Customer service - As I don't work in customer service, I really don't know what to say. I will pass along your frustration to the proper people. It is also one of the reasons that I have come into this forum. Please let me know personally any questions or problems you may have.

6:1 Sales - True. We are new to the U.S. market and are competing in an industry where one copmany holds nearly 40% market share. We want to be the ones that push this market to make better and better machines much like BMW and MB push the car market. Also it is important to know that we are the 3rd largest manufacturer of home appliances in the world.

Quirky behavior - Most of what you describe is simply how front loaders work. The cycles are a bit longer, yes. But they match the dry times so wet clothes don't jsut sit in a machine waiting. We do heat very high in the washer, but the temperature is precisely controlled to not damage the clothes. That is why our heater is NOT on a timer, but controlled by thermostats and sensors. Although this may all be quirky, your cleaning results will be better than anything you've ever experienced.

I wish you luck in whatever machine you buy. IF you want a highly efficient machine, that works very quietly, and cleans better than your current machine, Bosch would be right for you.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Are the cycles and cycle times of the new Bosch series different than the old 6400 and 3200 machines? After reading about the previous washers, the Bosch owners did not seem to have many complaints about wash times.

Don't the dryer cycles have a cool down phase so the laundry would not be as hot as if you open it midcycle when the heat is the highest?

Any pics of the new 700 washer console would be great.

• EddySoep_Bellsouth_net
    17 years ago

Hi all,

I finally decided to purchase my 500 at HHGregg. I was planning at Lowes earlier, but they don't have it in stock. I purchased it at HHGregg around 8:00pm and it was delievered and installed around 9:30am next day. It cost me $1063.xx with 5 years extended warranty and waiting for $40 rebate.

One thing I notice though, during the wash, it's so quiet, but when spinning, it sounds pretty loud, and it vibrates a bit. I put a windex on top of it, and it moves it all the way to the edge and fell. I set my 500 on a washer pan. Is this a normat behavior or should I get the pads similar as Mindi used?

Please advise, thanks.

• readyalready
    17 years ago

Also check your local water utility, ours is offering a $200 rebate on low water machines.

• bsh_chris
    17 years ago

The cycle times should remain nearly the same. However, new and improved inlet water system has allowed for cycles like the Quick wash 25. The dryer does cool itself down as the moisture content in the clothes goes down.

For vibration issues make sure the the machine has been properly leveled and the feet are LOCKED in place using the locking bolt. Also, make sure that whoever delivered/installed the machine took the shipping bolts out of the machine.

A little noise and vibration during spinning can occur. This can occur with ALL front-loaders. I can't attest to the quality of anything made by a third party... I just don't know.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Thanks Bsch Chris.

• sbaker90
    17 years ago

Thanks Bsch Chris.

• highseas
    17 years ago

Thanks to all for your input. The Bosch machines are being delivered tomorrow. They will be replacing two very basic GE machines that, although reliable, don't do anything really well (and the noises coming from the washer are getting louder). I am hoping to experience a laundry revelation. I'll post our experiences when we return from vacation with lots of dirty clothes.

• leighellen
    17 years ago

No need to wait until Jan 2007! They have the 700 Platinum series at Lowe's right now. Yeah!

• takahwan
    17 years ago

bsh_chris,

Bosch still on track for a January '07 release of the series 700 Platinum washer and dryer?

cheers &
    Happy New Year

• backspace
    16 years ago

In order to post an image... you will have to upload your image to a host site. It is either one of the free sites such as flickr or photobucket or your own ISP free host site.

Right click on the uploaded image and copy the image location and type the link in the following format.

&ltimg src= your image link>

I have a tight space in the laundry room. I already removed the laundry room door. Should I worry if I build my own platform even though my laundry room is on concrete slab. I don't know what is covered under the Lowes' extended warranty. Do they come back to level the washer? It took me sometimes to level my top loader and it is much smaller and lighter.