SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matt_shaver_gw

Bosch 500 Nexxt Plus - Excessive Vibration Issues

matt.shaver
13 years ago

Hey all we have a 3 year old set of Bosch Nexxt 500 Plus washer/dryer. For the most part, they have been a good set until about 4 months ago. We started noticing that during the spin, there was much noise coming from the washer. Up until that time, this machine was performing rock solid. However, it was random occurrences at first, perhaps once every 8 - 10 loads, then it became less random and now it vibrates, shakes, shudders and makes such a harsh noise that last weekend I ran 8 loads of laundry and removed all the clothes each time to arrange them differently hoping it would lessen and resolve the issue.

The machine does have Lowe's appliance extended replacement/repair warranty and they have been dispatched now twice. On the first visit, the technician replaced the motor, motor control board (not the main control board), front lower shocks and feet. Today, upon his return visit, he told me that he would order a new main controller (the one under the console) and another motor controller board.

I wanted to show him what it was doing, so I loaded up 8 pair of cotton docker pants, put it on the Cold-Cotton setting and away she went...shuddered, spat and knocked viciously!

I cannot tell you how unimpressed with this Bosch set. I love our Bosch dishwasher but I admit the washer is leaving a sour taste in my stomach. Just a few important notes worth mentioning:

1. We have always used BioKleen - 1 T/load. No bleach no softener whatsoever.

2. The clothes are sorted into towels, whites, bright colors, dark colors and casual/dress clothing.

3. The machine is cleaned using Affresh monthly.

4. The machine is connected to a surge protector.

5. The machine is left cracked both detergent lid and door are both cracked open no mold issue has ever happened.

6. The machine is perfectly leveled both side to side/back to back.

7. The machine is on a concrete slab.

8. The machine does not walk.

To help in this process, I have shot two different movies using my iPhone. I showed them to him today and he was baffled and called Bosch. Bosch told him to replace the controller board that was under the console.

I did call Lowes and they said if he cannot get it to work, they will replace it. But with what!?! I talked to our tech today and he said that Whirlpool/Maytag is not rock solid as they used to be, Bosch is pretty good and "up there", Electrolux IQ systems are very good and suggested them. I did not ask about the SamSungs at all.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a new washer/dryer set is in my near future. I really liked this machine until all the issues cropped op randomly and now consistently.

What are your thoughts. The two movies are located at YouTube please watch and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS3wBHewVWA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLpET7_OwAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks,

Matthew

Spfld IL.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!