SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenchar_gw

Purchasing Bosch Nexxt 500 Opinions? Extended Warranty?

kenchar
17 years ago

I have decided to replace our 6 year old Bosch laundrey pair with a new set of the Nexxt 500 series. The old set does a good job but it is just too small. We are having to do 12 -14 loads per week. 2 or 3 for sheets and another 2 or 3 for towels alone. I liked the efficiency of the Bosch and the price seams to be reasonable. $2000.00 CDN plus $50 for delivery plus taxes. We also get a $100 Rebate. This makes the total cost about $1650US plus taxes.

They (the Brick) have offered an extended service plan to a total of 5 years for $190. Should I get it? I know the warranty is 1 year parts and labour and if I buy it with my Master Card it is extended a year. I assume that would also extend the part only warranties to 3 years on the motor and electronics. The motor on our old Bosch went at 4 years and 11 months and the part was replaced at no charge. We paid for the service call and labour which was about $138.00. It also has a lemon clause so that if there are 3 repairs they replace the machine.

Right now I am leaning towards taking it but would appreciate any comments or thoughts this purchase (both the service plan and the laundry pair.

Thanks,

Ken.

Comment (1)