SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Any good side dishes and minimal watching needs?

lyfia
13 years ago

So I've given up on trying to cook on the stove after getting home from work with my toddler. She missed Mommy and I've found putting something in the oven (main dish), and just boil pasta, plain rice, pilaff w/ veggies, or heat some beans up is much easier on her and gets food on the table with some steamed veggies (I have a baby food steamer I use for the veggies). I don't like Barely (at least plain in broth) and couscous she can't really eat with her fingers and doesn't have spoon coordination yet.

I do all the prep in the am (before she wakes up) and when we get home I just turn things on and put it in.

This 20-30 min seems to settle her need for time with me and I can finish cutting etc. before eating.

However, I'm getting kind of tired of the regular staples and wanted to see if ya'll have any suggestions.

I have to cook completely dairy free, require little attention while it cooks, and need it to be done in 20min or less. Stove top prefered, but oven ok as long as it is small and can sit side by side with main dish in the oven. Any ideas?

Comments (16)