SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janiceme

Update on my laundry closet: Asko

janiceme
12 years ago

I posted awhile back asking for advice on a laundry closet that wasn't deep enough for anything but a euro size washer if I wanted to keep the doors closed and the units concealed when not in use -- I do. Someone suggested Miele and I strongly considered it even though it is pricey. I also considered Bosch Axxis which I had owned in the past and had been pretty pleased with. But when shopping, the dealer gave me a very competitive price on an Asko set floor sample -- much less than the Miele and less by a little than the Axxis.

The set is Asko washer w6424 and dryer t753, both in titanium. I ordered the pedestals. The dealer had been a long time Asko dealer here in the upper Midwest and he says service is not a problem. He also says he has had no more problems with Asko than with Bosch or Miele. This all helped me over my Asko resistance.

I have only had time to use them for a few loads and haven't decided for sure how I like them. They are definitely OK for now. I like the pedestal height even though I am short. I can basically transfer wash with no stooping. Capacity is very small, it seems smaller than I remember the Axxis being. But I haven't used it for sheets yet and I remember with the Axxis that I would wash a Q set but split it up for less wrinkling in the dryer.

I have washed loads of towels,some lingerie, and some mixed underwear with socks. I really like the gentleness of the washer and the heating ability. We have very hard water so I add a powdered softener with a powdered detergent. I add all the extra rinses and things seem really clean.

The dryer is very efficient but it is much noisier than I expected. And the quality of the noise is irritating -- a high pitched whine sound. I am going to talk to the dealer about this. The closet doors are louvered, I leave them closed when drying but the sound carries throughout the condo.

I am very familiar and comfortable with front loaders. I think the Asko is a quality but quirky machine. When I moved from the house with the Axxis, I was happy to move to a house with an LG FL set for the ability to wash comforters, etc. But mostly I wash clothes for two people, so perhaps size won't be an issue.

I would appreciate any thoughts or tips on Asko and will add further review as I have more experience with the set.

Comments (5)