SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoyamom_gw

Update laundry room

hoyamom
13 years ago

Well, the workman came over to look at what could be done in my laundry room and I have scrapped some ideas and added others. I gave up on the beadboard idea and just decided to paint. Also, I am not changing out the floor because the vinyl that is there is only 5 years old and still in great condition plus it will save $$.

From left to right we will put in a tall pantry cabinet to house my Dyson and mops. He will hang two upper cabinets that will attach to the pantry and go to the right wall. They will be white with glass fronts. He will build a countertop across the top of the washer and dryer that can be slid out in case we need to get to the back of the machines. He is also going to move the plugs below the counter level so they aren't seen. The water inlet will stay but he will cut the counter backsplash around the inlet.

In the 29x29" area to the right he is going to put a lower cabinet (doors not drawers) with the matching counter top. He will add a bar across the top of the area to hang wet clothes.

Has anyone ever used one of those ironing boards that are housed in a cabinet and swing around? I was thinking about putting one on the wall in the 29x29 area. There is that plug there that would be convenient.

LAUNDRY ROOM now

29x29 AREA

Am I missing anything??

I figured out by looking around the rest of my home that I am a monochromatic kind of girl. I just CAN'T get out of that and I guess it soothes me to have colors that don't jump out at me. So the washer/dryer is stainless colored so I went and looked at laminate countertops. He told me to get those because they would be easier to slide out than granite. I found the Formica 3518-46 Flint Crystal that has white, gray, and black flecks. I held it up to the washer and I think it would blend very well with the stainless and the white cabinets. It's hard to tell what a large piece would look like though. Anyway, I was looking for a gray paint to go with it. See it's my monochromatic self again.

I know my cabinets will be white and the machines will be stainless but what color paint? A dark gray that pops out the cabinets or a lighter gray? Maybe a very light blue gray?? I want to be calm while I am folding so is monochromatic the way to go?

If you could guide me that would be awesome!! Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH