SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Calling the mighty mighty g'web prayer/energy circle...

mahatmacat1
12 years ago

Hello wonderful folks,

I'm writing now on behalf of my assistant and friend, to enlist your help. J. is a wonderful woman, only 9 years older than I am, who has gone through many challenges in her life and has always come through with grace and kindness intact; it's been my privilege to have her assist in my advanced ESOL class and even more, to get to know her and become friends. She's the most sincere, most unpretentious person...the folks in the class respond to her and always have great, open discussions in her groups because she makes everyone feel so valuable and respected.

Late this summer she finally stopped ignoring the pains in her arms when she would walk or do work in her gorgeous garden, and luckily her doctors took her seriously and discovered that she had serious advanced heart disease! : ( She's the kind of person who puts everyone else first and had just said "oh well, they're pains" and thought she should just soldier on through them as she had so much else.

Well, they got her in quickly for a bypass two weeks ago, and it sounded like things were going well. Then I didn't hear from her husband for about a week, and I have just learned from him that J. is back in the hospital with blood clots in her lungs.

Time to call out the heavy artillery; *please*, good folk of the HD forum, if you are inclined, hold this dear woman in your heart and send energy out to Portland, OR that she and her medical team can turn her situation around and get her headed back toward recovery. She's heard my spiel about my MI, and what the pain felt like, but she never connected it to what she felt, because her pain would come and go. She has said that when she recovers, she will join me in being an advocate whenever and wherever she can for paying attention to women's heart issues and symptoms. I know that she would also want me to say to anyone reading that if you get particular pain in your arms when you walk for a while (say, an evening constitutional), or when you lift heavy things (say, a mulch bag), even if it goes away, *pay attention* and make sure there's no heart disease developing. J. was lucky that she reported it (partly because of her DH's encouragement) before she actually had an MI. Let's just now make sure she makes it all the way back to health and full resumption of her life.

If you've read this far, you've already sent good energy out here, so I thank you in advance.

Comments (34)