SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judithn_gw

DD's Best Friend's Parents...How to Handle?

judithn
14 years ago

Hi all, this has been on my mind and I'm sure with all the accumulated life experience of everyone on this board, you can help me out. The question is: how friendly are you with your children's best friends' parents? My daughter (16 yo, entering junior year of HS) has two close friends. That's it. Two. Each of the girls lives about 15 minutes away from our house. When I'm dropping my daughter off, or picking her up, or when they're picking up or dropping off their daughters, there is often some parent interaction. I like knowing who my kids are with and have tried to get to know the people a little. But I feel like one set of parents in particular is really unfriendly and after numerous attempts to make conversation with them, I realized I come away feeling I've been judged to somehow fall short. This family has invited my daughter to spend a week with them on vacation and we are taking their daughter away with us for a week. What are your thoughts on what kind of interaction to have with your children's best friends' parents?

Comments (15)