SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

A very sad update to my 'End of Life, Regrets' thread.

polly929
11 years ago

Just shy of 3 short months of losing my grandfather, I learned today my Dear Dad passed suddenly of what we think was a heart attack. He was just 66.

I never in my wildest dreams would think the strongest man I've known my whole life, would be gone from this world forever in such a short time after losing his father.

I just want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for urging me to be with my Dad that day. If I hadn't, I may have had one of the deepest regrets of my life. My father and I had a conversation during that time that healed all wounds of the circumstances of my parents divorce when I was a child. He was my rock, my go-to guy when I needed a pep talk and I will miss him terribly. Even harder is the painful sobs of my young children for their "Pop-pop."

The take home message of my post is 2 fold: 1) Hug your loved ones tightly, and see them often. I did not make an effort to see my Dad enough, because I was always busy with the kids.

2) See a doctor regularly. Sadly we pieced together today that he had been having chest pains this past week, he had the name to a doctor on his dining room table, he was going to make an appointment after the weekend. Don't put off till tomorrow what can be done today. He could still be here if he did.

Comments (26)