SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Gluten free

neetsiepie
10 years ago

I had talked to someone who has the same thyroid condition as I do (Hashimoto's-an auto-immune disorder) and she mentioned she'd gone gluten free and found tremendous health benefits. Since I'd been experiencing bad digestive issues for several years, I thought I'd give it a try, too.

WOW-what an amazing difference it has made in my life. I no longer have the debilitating headaches (thus have cut out the nightly migraine meds), my asthma has cleared up considerably-as well as my allergies. I have significantly less pain (well, before I broke my back, that is!), my skin, hair and nails have gotten better; I'm sleeping deeper and better and I've also been dropping weight faster than before. Not to mention that my digestive system is no longer causing me problems.

Many years ago I went on the Atkins diet and found a lot of relief from my usual symptoms-but it wasn't completely gluten free-as there is gluten in so much stuff!

There has been a lot of research lately about how gluten, and the wheat we consume today, is affecting our bodies. Today's wheat is nothing like it used to be in our parents day-today it's highly GMO'd and contains a greater amount of gluten. And gluten is added to so many processed foods! Even instant oatmeal.

In conjunction with my low calorie-gluten free diet, I'm also moving toward organic foods too. They're definitely more expensive, but my goodness-the difference in taste is amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wheat today

Comments (40)