SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

What are your most 'Repeated' meals?

ann_t
15 years ago

Mine at the moment is Roast Chicken. This is probably the meal that I repeat the most in a year. I'd be happy to eat roast chicken twice a week. As it is we probably have it at least twice a month if not three times.

Another one, and one we haven't had recently is Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Greek Salad. This one is repeated more often in the summer months.

I've been making homemade pizza more often recently, but I think that is because I'm back to making bread on a regular basis. Probably because I have an active sourdough starter again.

Others that show up on a regular basis, are Mexican, Pork Carnitas with homemade corn tortillas, pasta and Halibut.

So what are your favourite repeat meals? The ones you never get tired of.

Ann

Comments (50)

• dreamhouse1
    15 years ago

Whenever I'm at a loss, I stew a chicken and then go from there...soup, dumplings, tettrazini, pot pie, sandwiches, right of the pot, salad, whatever. I can usually morph it into a thing or two that all five of us will eat w/o complaint; although one DD and myself are the biggest fans.

After that, pounded chicken breast, breaded and sauteed then jazzed up with a sauce, be it picatta, Marsala, marinara.

Then whole roasted chicken and meatloaf.

Sounds kind of boring, huh? The problem is one picky eater! LOL

• Related Discussions

What was your most Memorable Meal ever?

Q

Comments (46)
    Mine was Dec. 24, 1971. My soon-to-be fiance had made reservations at a famous restaurant in Pittsburgh to celebrate Christmas. The LeMont is situated on a bluff overlooking Pittsburgh's Golden Triangle and reservations by the window are hard to obtain. He had planned on surprising me with my engagement ring that evening but was so excited that he couldn't wait until we arrived at the restaurant. While in the car he gave me a present to open. Inside was an old German Christmas ornament that had been in his family. It consisted of three balls that nestled inside each other. When I opened the smallest ball I discovered my ring. He really did surprise me, the first of many. I was so excited that I barely recall the actual meal. But it truly was my most memorable. Here's a link to the view - http://www.lemontpittsburgh.com/LeMont/images_04/images_04/homepage_r5_c1.jpg
    ...See More

Your most memorable meal?

Q

Comments (4)
    This past year it would have to be a dinner at a local place. Six wks ago my 21 yr old GD Stephanie decided to move to NC when she found out she could transfer her position with all her seniority & benefits-- Stephanie has always been extremely close to DH & I and to her Aunts, my 2 girls. So Debbie , Judy & I took her for a farewell dinner , just " us girls"-- we had the best time-- sat at the bar gabbing & drinking wine for probably an hr-- then laughed- reminisced thu appetizers ( a hot spinach artichoke dip with toasted pita chips , roasted vegetables bruschetta ) -- then sampled each other's entrees-- drank more wine-- ended with poached pears & homemade honey ice cream & turtle cheesecake-- spent 3 hrs in that place having a great time. DSIL picked us up & delivered us home-- all of us just a bit tipsy ( & blue that Steph's moving but glad in a way to see her spreading her wings).
    ...See More

What's Your Favorite Meal? To cook, to eat, to repeat...

Q

Comments (23)
    Interesting thread... So hard to answer though. I enjoy so many foods it's hard to pick just one but I'll say to eat something like lasagna or chicken parmigiana- can't pass up anything with melted mozzarella and red sauce. To make is anything new that teaches me a new skill. Like the first time I made gnocchi or pasta from scratch. I love making new things and after I've done it a few times I generally don't enjoy making it again, unless I really want to eat it then I dont mind. To repeat is usually simple, sautéed green beans, and salmon. I used to make it a lot but now I won't eat farm raised salmon and the wild caught can be cost prohibitive. I've even found frozen Alaskan wild caught that was made in China, I won't buy that either. I'm assuming they catch it it Alaska and package in China.
    ...See More

What was on your plate for your main meal today?

Q

Comments (32)
    Today I had a burger at a local place I've never been to before, it was pretty good. I've been craving my black bean soft taco recipe all week though so I made them yesterday with homemade tortillas and they hit the spot! Mhmmmm good! I feel like a Campbell's commercial! ;) Slow cooked black beans with seasonings in the Crock-Pot all day, make the rice, combine rice and beans with some homemade salsa, pile on a homemade tortilla with shredded cheese, sour cream and pico if you like...delicious!
    ...See More
  • jakkom
    15 years ago

Pork Chile Verde
    Slow-roasted salmon steaks
    Prime Rib
    Oven-baked crusty chicken thighs (boneless)

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Well, right about now, I want to have dinner with you, Ann! LOL!

Some of my repeated meals are:

soup - taco, butternut squash, mushroom and barley, potato, vegetable burger

Simple Tomato Sauce - with ground beef, sausage or meatballs over spaghetti

Beef Lo Mein

chicken and dumplings

chicken wings and now also turkey wings

breakfast for dinner - usually bacon/sausage/ham, eggs, toast/biscuits and sometimes hash brown potatoes or grits

baked pork chop with a vegetable or two

pizza

enchiladas

Except for the beef lo mein, pizza and enchiladas, these can be found in my freezer usually.

• cookie8
    15 years ago

Spaghetti would be one for us also. I go through phases and the one that repeats itself most would be tex-mex. Quesidillas, fajitas, enchiladas, etc. I was getting into the roast chicken thing too but we got a bad one and because I am feeling queasy lately, I will be nixing the chicken thing for awhile. I am going to check this thread out for ideas though because I bet a lot of simple planned things will come up!

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

Pan seared salmon or pork chops, grilled or breaded are the two big ones for us.

• trsinc
    15 years ago

We go through phases too. Right now our thing is cabbage rolls. malna got me hooked. I've always got them in the freezer.

Another frequent meal is split pea soup. Not a main dish, but we have mashed potatoes at least twice a week.

cookie, what do you mean "got a bad one"? Did it make you sick or was something else going on with it?

• cookie8
    15 years ago

It had a green spot inside - near the center bone. Shudder.

• triciae
    15 years ago

I guess it would be roast chicken also. I don't make dressing/stuffing though except at the holidays...trying to keep it sorta 'special', I guess. I do make the mashed potatoes but no gravy...that's another once/twice a year thing. We have green beans & corn a lot with chicken. Also, instead of potatoes I often make rice pilaf with chicken.

We go thru gallons of soup every winter but not just one or two favorite kinds. DH could eat soup every night all fall, winter, & spring & be happy.

/tricia

• prairie_love
    15 years ago

LOL at Shaun!

I think all the rest of you have better repeated meals than we do. Our most common one is garlic pasta (which is why I did NOT make it for the Cookalong!). Mostly because it's quick. I'll change it up by adding artichoke hearts or kalamata olives or marinated red bell peppers or even, when I feel I have a little more time, shredded chicken. But garlic pasta.

Other pastas too - with homemade canned or frozen tomato based sauce.

Lots of soups, mostly frozen during summer harvest (tomato, onion, potato leek, etc).

I was in a pizza phase but haven't made any for awhile. My homemade pizza tends to look a lot like my garlic pasta - artichoke hearts, olives, peppers....

Shrimp or chicken picatta or scampi.

Ann_F

• artsyshell
    15 years ago

Smoked salmon eggs benedict
    Marilyn's Salmon cakes
    Pasta with sausage
    Asian chicken noodle soup
    corn chowder
    pork cutlets
    arroz con pollo
    roast chicken with egg stuffing
    pasta salad

Probably a few others, but can't think off the top of my head.

Shelley S.

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Most repeated during the course of the year would be roast chicken, spaghetti w/tomato sauce, grilled steaks and pork chops, breakfast for dinner.

I really don't do any one meal more than once every month, except maybe grilling in summer when corn on the cob is available.

Linda

• User
    15 years ago

Most often repeated.......

Spaghetti with meat sauce or meatballs - once a week for sure
    Spareribs - once every two weeks
    Meatloaf -once every two weeks
    Lasagna - once every two weeks
    Roast Chicken - once every two weeks
    Pork tenderloin with a sauce, Picatta, Marsala, Mushroom - once a week
    Pizza - once a week

Thats a lot of repeats in 14 days! LOL

• dedtired
    15 years ago

Ann, I thought you were asking what meals make you burp the most.

• rachelellen
    15 years ago

Tri tip on the grill. Probably our favorite meal from the Spring through the Fall...tri tip, rubbed simply with granulated garlic, pepper, onion powder, paprika and oregano, grilled rare to med-rare and thinly sliced against the grain. Sides are easy too, with potato wedges and a mix of veggies rubbed with olive oil and grilled along side the tri tip. Easy, yummy, and healthy. For variety, I might make steamed/roasted new potatoes with herbs from the garden, rice or couscous for the starch and there are so many veggies that do so well on the bbq that we don't get tired there.

We have a Ronco Rotisserie that I never would have bought myself, but by gosh, it makes the best chicken! It is the only thing I use it for, but we love that chicken so much that it's worth the space it takes up in my gadget closet. That's another easy favorite that we have fairly often. The aroma drives the cats to distraction.

Spaghetti with meat sauce is of course one of those things I can put together with my eyes closed, and we love it.

I make all sorts of foods from day to day...Indian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian, etc...but sometimes you just want a roasted chicken or a meatloaf!

• sheshebop
    15 years ago

Hmmmm.
    Probably #1 would be spaghetti with pasta sauce (I am down to only 11 jars of the wonderful pasta sauce that I made last summer (readinglady's recipe?)
    #2 port tenderloin
    3. very thick and hearty chicken and rice soup

Those are probably the biggies. Here lately though we have had cabbage rolls twice in a week. They were so yummy the first time that we had them a couple days later.

• trudy_gw
    15 years ago

Roast chicken every two weeks
    Beef Burgers or Maid Rites every week
    Parmesan Chicken Bake every week
    Soup...sausage, black bean or baked potato every two weeks
    Beef Roast with carrots and potatoes every two weeks
    Homemade pizza every week
    Deli meat (honey roasted turkey or ham) with cheeses grilled on boule bread

Lots of 5 Minute Artisan bread made into different things such as boule, focaccia, rolls, eggs and bacon cups.

Since it is just two of us for a meal, we will eat lots of left overs.

During summer we have grilled meat of some kind every other day.

Wish hubby liked fish...only way I get fish is a Lean Cusine. We are going to be trying some Costco salmon on the grill this summer...it will be a beginning, I hope.

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

Most repeated here...

Pork Roast
    Meatloaf
    Burger's!
    Cubed pork cutlets w/milk gravy
    Roast Chicken
    Chicken Breasts...done in many ways

Nancy

• shaun
    15 years ago

dedtired!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roflmao!!!!!!!!!

• lakeguy35
    15 years ago

My go to repeats are....

Steak on the grill
    Chicken breast, lemon and teriyaki being my favorites
    Pasta with various sauces
    Pot Roast
    Meatloaf/stuffed peppers
    Pork chops, baked, fried, or on the grill
    Chili, various soups, jambalaya
    Breakfast for dinner....breakfast too! LOL I've always loved breakfast foods.
    Dinner out or take out...lots of options with this one.

David

• compumom
    15 years ago

Pam & Shaun, LOL!!

Ours would be salmon- either grilled, baked or poached with a dill sauce. Chicken breasts-- either baked or as cutlets sauteed as a marsala or piccata. Less frequently we have filets- steak, shrimp, soups, pasta with a tomato/meat sauce, pork tenderloin or burgers. Grilled foods are fast and easy so we tend to throw things on the grill when time is short!

• Lars
    15 years ago

We have grilled fish at least once a week, but the fish changes with the season. In summer it is salmon, but other times of the year it would be Ahi tuna, Opah, or Swordfish. Sometimes I serve it with tartar sauce, and sometimes I make a Japanese style marinade. We usually have it with rice and a green vegetable - I keep frozen baby peas for an emergency vegetable, but frequently it is grilled zucchini. That's our most common week-end meal, although it will be Crab Louis when crab legs are cheap.

During the week, I frequently make charred quesadillas:
    {{gwi:1493589}}
    Generally I make them with whole wheat tortillas that I buy, but I'll make the tortillas if we are out. I put a piece of ham or turkey on the tortilla, followed by a vegetable, which could be mushrooms, cooked asparagus, chopped cooked broccoli, etc. along with minced jalapeño, and then grated cheese goes on top, generally Swiss or Jarlsberg. I find those don't upset my stomach as much as cheddar does. I heat it in an iron skillet with a drop of olive oil, cover the pan, and then fold it over when it is done. It's an extremely quick meal, and I often serve it with guacamole and/or my bean dip, which sometimes goes inside the quesadilla. I also often make burritos and enchiladas, especially if I have leftover poached chicken.

I tend to poach chickens instead of roast them because I like to make enchiladas, burritos, and crêpes with the meat and use the broth to make a sauce. But we also frequently have pasta (usually linguine or fettuccine - never spaghetti) with marinara sauce, especially now that I found 6-in-1 tomatoes!

Lars

• gardenguru1950
    15 years ago

Does breakfast count as a "meal"? If so, then my most repeated meal would be scrambled eggs. With toast. Usually plain but sometimes a "scramble" of some veggies or leftover meat or both. Second would be fried rice. Well, maybe fried rice would be first.

As far as a dinner meal goes, I am pretty sure I don't make the same thing twice in a year. True. Pasta is a general meal and probably the top "type" but I'm always inventing something new with pasta; never follow a recipe or do some ol' warhorse.

Joe

• BeverlyAL
    15 years ago

That's a difficult question for me. I'm funny about not wanting leftovers or the same thing very often. Probably every couple of months I make these more than anything else. In no special order

Chicken Picatta
    Salmon Patties
    Lemon Salt Marinated Pork Tenderloin
    Giada's Chicken Tettrazzini
    Dan Dan Mian
    Penne with Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce
    Pork Tenderloin Diane
    Rocco DiSpirito's Mama's Meatballs
    Swedish Meatballs
    Baked Pork Chops with Parmesan Sage Crust
    Chicken Vera Cruz

In the summer when the garden tomatoes are ready I make Raw Tomato Pasta every week. If it had meat in it I would make it more often. DH doesn't like a meal without meat very much.

Beverly

• hawk307
    15 years ago

Ann; Most of my meals are repeated. That's why I take Previcid every day. LOL

I'll go along with your picks
    With the Souvlaki, I use Pork Tenderloin.

I like any kind of Seafood in Spaghetti Sauce ( Gravy )
    Stuffed Calimare is one of my Favorites, or Crabs, Mussels,
    Scallops, Shrimp, Lobster, Clams.Etc. Etc.!!!
    Lou's - Baked Salmon Cakes
    And " Lou's " Pizza.

What the hell , I like most everything, you people Posted.
    LOU

• sands99
    15 years ago

They say the average American family repeats the same meals approximately every 14 days. That being the case they recommend buying the staples to create those meals when they go on sale to save that same family many dollars each year.

DH and I have had that conversation and we agreed that we rarely duplicate the 2 week cycle as we always look for new and interesting ways to do dinner.

• annie1992
    15 years ago

I'm boring, my most often repeated meal is eggs. Sometimes with potatoes, sometimes with toast. They're fast, easy, readily accessible, cheap. I have eggs at least four times a week.

Another favorite is a big pan of roasted vegetables, whatever I have on hand, usually cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions. Sometimes it includes broccoli, asparagus, whatever I can find in the fridge. I'll eat roasted vegetables every day for 4 or 5 days until the pan of them is gone.

I just don't cook much for myself and seldom cook meat any more unless someone else is here to help me eat it. Add my perpetual diet and cooking just isn't what it used to be.

Annie

• Tracey_OH
    15 years ago

Bear in mind that I have munchkins. Here's the rundown:
    Monday-salmon in some form
    Tuesday-pork or chicken
    Wed-Homemade pizza
    Thursday-pasta or chicken depending on what we had Tuesday
    Friday-Burger night! This is the boys absolute favorite and what I'm convinved they will remember when I am long gone; that mom made cheeseburgers and tator tots and let them eat in front of the tv on Fridays.
    Saturday-Usually a big meal so we leftovers for Sunday. Maybe mexican or pasta if we haven't already had that.
    Sunday-Mama doesn't cook!

I change out the recipes, but generally follow this basic formula so I don't have to think too hard about what's for dinner.

Tracey

• sands99
    15 years ago

Geez if we include munchkins then the roster is

chix nuggets
    hot dogs
    chix nuggets
    pizza
    chix nuggets
    spaghetti
    chix nuggets
    keilbasa

amen

• gardengrl
    15 years ago

We eat a lot of soup too, Lima Bean is our fav.

Roast chicken is a top favorite here too since it's so versatile.

Pot roast is somewhat of a regular or some sort of beef stew made with the pot roast.

Salads...lots and lots of salads.

We eat a lot of oatmeal for breakfast, whether it's homemade granola or steel cut oats. And yogurt of some form.

I also make a lot of casseroles throughout the year because they're great to take to work for lunch. Our favorite is Tuna Casserole.

We love Curry, so that pops up pretty regularly with some sort of rice to go with it.

• dgkritch
    15 years ago

I don't repeat very often since I have a HUGE "to try" pile!! Mostly from here.

We do have BBQ pork, spaghetti, meatloaf (sometimes made into patties), lots of green salads, lots of home-canned green beans pretty frequently.

I tend to make large batches of things that freeze well. We'll eat it once or twice and the rest is frozen for meals later. So, I guess that's a repeat.

I rarely use a recipe so even the same dish isn't the same twice! LOL

Deanna

• bunnyman
    15 years ago

Chili... probably at least one pot a month. Meat, beans, veggies, and fruit... a complete meal in one pot!

Rice and veggies with soy sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, and fish sauce when I have it. Usually made for lunch at work... low calorie but tasty and filling.

Hamburgers. Often 4-5lbs a week made into burgers. Off the menu for the last few months due to a diet. Powerful craving for a nice burger on a buttery toasted bakery bun with some good cheese the last few hours. Usually dusted with cayenne powder while cooking... sometimes a pinch of cardamon.

: )
    lyra

• Marigene
    15 years ago

Shrimp marinated in red chili paste
    Bolognese/pasta
    Chicken breasts sautèed
    Sage/Parmesan pork chops
    Salisbury steak

• sheesh
    15 years ago

Grilled fish; spaghetti; tomato salad, even in winter with lousy tomatoes. This winter, I've made pinto, black and navy beans in the pressure cooker too many times to count. They keep very well and are so versatile. Love 'em!

• kathleenca
    15 years ago

I make oven-fried chicken about once a month. Though DH is a beef & potatoes guy, he does love his fried chicken. I also rely on chicken breasts a lot, though using many different recipes.

To "ditto" gardenguru, we also have scrambled eggs a lot, with bacon and/or hash browns, grapefruit and toast.

Kathleen

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

Omelets
    Eggs on an English Muffin
    Toasted croissant sandwiches
    Grilled chicken, burgers, ribs and veggies
    Roasted veggies, chicken
    Pasta dishes, hot and cold
    Pizza
    Steak salad
    Stir fry
    Enchiladas, tostadas
    Chicken (or pork) and noodles
    Soups (Onion, baked potato, broccoli, tomato)
    Twice baked potatoes
    A shared bucket of popcorn

• annie1971
    15 years ago

We are also great fans of roasted chicken -- at least once a week. Hubby Dubby will eat hamburger anything! We do a lot of meatloaf and spaghetti sauce (which I have over fresh spinach greens instead of pasta, while Hubby does both). Scalloped salmon casserole is another go-to easy favorite as well as chicken caccitore (you know I can't spell); braised pork chops, parmesan chicken and mom's shipwreck casserole.

• amck2
    15 years ago

In fall/winter I roast chickens and make soups, stews and chowders. About twice a month I'll cook up homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs, or a lasagna.

Spring and summer we fire up the grill about 4-5 nights a week. DH likes burgers, steaks, tips and I go for fish, chicken breasts and veggies. I like rice/grain salads as sides. He likes grilled potatoes.

When DH travels for work I roast a bunch of bone-in chicken breasts and have them in various forms for both lunch and dinner with a salad of greens. I could live happily for quite a while on steel cut oatmeal, chicken breasts, vegetables and fruit.

• caflowerluver
    15 years ago

Pasta because you can serve it so many ways. And roasted chicken is a favorite. I usually have pork or a beef roast every week because it is cheap and I get 2 meals out of it.
    Clare

• carrie2
    15 years ago

My most repeated meat dish (for two) is to sear on each side in a small skillet one of the very thick Costco pork loin chops, then roast it at 400 for 10 minutes. After it has rested a few minutes I slice it thin and pour over it a sauce made in the skillet of chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and a swirl of butter. It's yummy and very tender.

• malna
    15 years ago

It really depends on the weather.

Now it's soups, stews, pot roast, roast chicken, stuffed cabbage (so, trsinc, you're hooked now, huh? LOL! It is addicting.) - basic winter warm comfort food.

Come spring, I won't be able to eat enough fish, pasta or salad, but right now, they don't appeal to me at all. And I won't eat soup, stew or pot roast 'til fall.

• bri29
    15 years ago

I make a lot of pasta with marinara, ragu bolognese, pesto etc. We just finished having a broccoli, bacon, onion and gruyere quiche for dinner that makes regular appearances around here. Another favorite is stir fry, I make that once a week or so. I also bbq throughout the year because our weather here is relatively mild. Other than that, tacos, nachos, salads, soups, stews and pot pies get made often around here depending on the weather.

Based on the frequency of its appearance in this thread, I'm going to have to work on my roasted chicken method. When I tried Ann's high heat method the results were wonderful, but I spent more time cleaning the oven than I did cooking the bird. Note to self, when remodeling the kitchen get a self cleaning oven! :)

• jcrowley99
    15 years ago

This time of year, cream of cauliflower or broccoli soup, baked vegetable soup with cabbage rolls (golumpki soup), Panini, made with whatever meat and cheese we have waiting to be used in the fridge, stuffed baked acorn squash, and breaded baked chicken breasts (preferably with the squash). Oh, and basic chicken and rice soup made with whichever vegetables caught my eye at the market. I love a big bowl of soup on a cold day!

Joanne

• lpinkmountain
    15 years ago

Veggie me eats mostly stir fry with tofu and rice, chili and or nachos, some kind of pasta, usually puttanesca with tunafish or pasta e fagiole, minestrone of some type, and peanut butter and jelly with cottage cheese or some kind of soup. I also eat hummus sandwiches with soup. If I have veggies on hand, a large veggie roast seasoned with rosemary, garlic and balsamic and a little maple syrup. Occasionally I will do some other kind of rice besides stir fry--like beans and greens over rice or some kind of mexican influenced beans and rice dish. Sometimes I am so tired when I get home from work it is a handful of almonds, and apple or bannana and a piece of cheese.

• october17
    15 years ago

pork/beef roasts w/veggies (slow cooker or oven)
    shrimp/scallop/corn chowder
    baked potato soup
    split pea soup (slow cooker)
    chili
    bac & eggs
    fried chicken
    mayo salad (just lettuce, onio, tomato & salt with mayo as
    dressing - comfort food from childhood)
    bread pudding (using ends of bread machine bread)

• debbie814
    15 years ago

Ann, I could roast a chicken twice a week. DH and I both enjoy it. Just today, I roasted a chicken in the roaster that you sent me in a swap. I'll be posting it on my blog later in the week.

• bragu_DSM 5
    6 years ago

has life changed for you in the past few years as far as go-to meals

with the grands, they love grilled cheese … life is a circle, or round, of cheese ...

i like pork loin, rubbed with dry ranch dressing or cole slaw mix … food for days

lasagna

bean soup

comfort food … meat loaf

semi homemade soups

broiled cauliflower

home made rolls and banana bread

• annie1992
    6 years ago

bragu, my life has changed, although I ought to get back to the diet and eat more healthy meals.

I do bake all our bread now, and sometimes grind my own grain for the flour, so I bake a lot more bread than I used to.

Since Elery retired, we actually eat breakfast and although his changes daily, I usually have one egg, over easy and one slice of buttered toast, with a cup of black coffee, so I guess that's my most repeated meal, although Elery would be very happy if I made pizza or pasta on a much more regular basis.

Annie

• artemis_ma
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Eggs. Fried, soft boiled, or as omelettes.

Baked chicken thighs or drumsticks.

Roasted pork or lamb chops.

Asparagus, either stir fried or baked.

Salmon, in a skillet or the oven.

Beef sliders, bunless.

Avocado salad.

Lightly simmered spinach.

Vietnamese summer rolls with whatever looks good in the fridge.

• Manon Floreat
    6 years ago

I have a black bean and veggie tortilla at least three times per week. I make my own salsa fresca and it's heavenly! Sometimes, I spoon it over sliced avocado sprinkled with sea salt and go to town. Other times I just shovel spoonfuls directly into my mouth.

I learned how to make pizza dough a while back. I swear I made pizza at least once a week for months. It was great - then my clothes started shrinking.

I make a batch of beet or regular hummus once a week. I eat that with fresh veggies almost every day.

I'm really looking forward to summer when I can have tomatoes right of the vine on a daily basis.