SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

TGIF / Happy Retirement, Annie!!

Lars
12 years ago

Happy Friday to everyone - clinking with a now cold cup of tea!

I got all the potting/planting done last week-end that I wanted, and it helped that it was cool (low 60s), but my local Home Depot closed the door to the garden department because it rained that morning, and they thought 63 degrees was too cold for anyone to work outside!! Haven't they heard of coats, gloves, and scarves? I gave them a good eye rolling when they told me that. This week-end they will have no excuse because it will be near 80 degrees, which is a bit too warm for me to be happy doing gardening, but really all I have left to do is repot the Greek oregano and one of the lemongrass plants. The lemongrass (the woody stem type) looks like it is trying to go to seed, as it is getting very tall. I'm hoping the clumps will spread, and I guess I need to cut it down as I divide it. I can save the long dry upper blades for making tea.

We might go to the Huntington Botanical Gardens to look for something new to plant, and perhaps to identify some of what we already have. The aloes should be in full bloom.

As for cooking, I will be cleaning out the cheese drawer in the fridge and repackaging and labeling everything using foodsaver bags. I've been putting this off too long, and I should have been doing it every time I bought new cheese, but...

Special congratulations to Annie for completing her last week at work, but I think she is far to young to be retiring!! I'm envious of the free(?) time she will be having and want to hear all about it!!

Lars

Comments (53)