SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

question for bread bakers

3katz4me
14 years ago

Hi,

I only surface here once in a while - usually when I have some extra time off from work and more time to experiment. Anyway, four day weekend this week so I'm baking bread. I don't think I've ever baked bread - other than the bread machine - since I helped my mom and grandmother when I was a kid. I don't have the latest bread making KA mixer (still have my mom's old Sunbeam mixmaster) so I'm having the bread machine make the dough - call it breadmaking baby steps. Anyway, I hope to pull out usable dough in three hours and can then proceed to make a normal shaped loaf of bread that doesn't have a hole in the bottom.

I've read up on breadmaking steps to take next after I pull out the dough. However this got me wondering - what kind of warm place do all of you breadmaking experts use to get the dough to rise. I've read about using the oven light, warming oven briefly, etc. It's really cold here today and we keep our furnace pretty low so it is by no means warm in our house. We do have a wood stove going in our family room - nice and warm - I was thinking about setting it by the stove (not on it of course). What do you all recommend?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022