SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chi83

Catering a baby shower - help!

Chi
14 years ago

Hello all,

I have ambitions of owning my own bakery someday, and through some of the goodies I've baked for work, I've been commissioned to cater some desserts for a baby shower. This is my first one so I want to do a good job and hopefully get some nice word of mouth repeat business.

Here's what was requested:

1. Assorted truffles (or truffle type goodies) 50 pieces

2. Lemon cake stick things  30 pieces

3. Cake for 30 people (open to suggestions)

I made oreo truffles that were a HUGE hit in the office so those are easy and cheap to make. The "lemon cake stick things" were cake balls on a stick and dipped in candy coating, just lemon cake mix and frosting.

Those are the only two recipes that I use boxed stuff for and they are the biggest hits! I guess I can't complain since they are the cheapest and easiest.

Does anyone have any great truffle recipes? I'd like to offer an assortment other than the oreo. Things other than chocolate would be great as well.

I would love suggestions for a nice cake as well. I think chocolate may be overkill with the truffles. I'm thinking decorated cupcakes might be cute instead, I'll run the idea by her.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm nervous and super excited and I want to do a good job!

Thanks!

Comments (10)