SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Transfering cell phone contacts to new smart phone?

chas045
10 years ago

I got the wife a new (well, I guess they have been available for more than a year) Samsung Galaxy smart phone to replace her two or three year old motorola razor flip phone. With most previous phone replacements, I have had the company transfer the contacts and for the Razor switching to consumer cellular, I had radio shack (not the provider) transfer the files for us. I suppose I could have them do it again but I was hoping that you all have some methods that work for you.

Consumer cellular told me I could transfer the data onto the new sim card placed in the old phone. It almost worked, but it didn't recognise the subdirectory layout in the old phone that sometimes appeared to have one name with multiple numbers (home, work, mobile etc.). The transferred data had multiple listing for each contact of multiple phones and worse; each was listed as a mobile number. I believe the majority of numbers are single phone contacts and I could edit the various phone types for the minority, but it would still be painful and I haven't even found how to change the phone type but only the numbers so far.

Comments (6)