SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Transfer Ringtone from OLD phone??

chas045
9 years ago

Not exactly computer question but I hope some of you have played with this. I have an old 2004 LG VX8300 Verizon cell phone that had a great, loud, probably MIDI, ringtone of When the Saints Go Marching In. I have searched many times to find the ring tone on line without success (there is a 30 sec chopped slightly similar version). I now see that the LG did have bluetooth.

I have a win8.1 netbook and a new Nokia Lumia Windows smartphone. I am hoping to transfer the old ring tone to the Lumia directly or via my netbook. I see that the old LG did have a micro SD slot, the bluetooth, and I guess USB thru the power connector but I don't have a USB cord with that verry wide narrow connector.
I am not very good with bluetooth. I managed to bluetooth link my previous Moto. Krazr to the Lumia to transfer only 3 contacts (Radio Shack moved the rest) and some pics. Now I see that the Lumia expects to see the Krazr (not powered on) again and the LG bluetooth couldn't find the Lumia.

As you can see, I don't really know how to manipulate bluetooth and in any case, I'm not sure it would allow me to transfer a ringtone or if there is a better way. Anyone have any experience that could point me in the right direction?

Comments (17)