SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19982892

WANTED: Mom to Four Kids You're a dollface!

User
17 years ago

I have just received the most wonderful parcel from Deb! Deb you are so very thoughtful and so generous!

One little glitch....Clive took the camera to the lake so I'm not able to shows pics until Monday. I did email Deb so hopefully she has some pics to share but if not I'll be sure to post Monday.

My words won't do justice to this special parcel but I'll try. Deb used 4 clever themes for the parcel, Stoneware, Wood, Regional and Bags (yeah bags bet I'm the only one who ever got a bags category!!! LOL)

The stoneware is gorgeous. A beautiful blue cruet for oil, the colour is fantastic kinda mauvey blue with some brown accents and a lovely size, not too big. Deb also sent a great square stoneware bowl, the size is perfect for everything from a small casserole, any side dish and I can really see it as part of an appetizer buffet It is an oatmealy colour with great accents and a lovely scalloped edge. Both are going to sit proudly on my shelves at the cottage along with some other lovely things I've received in swaps.

For the Wood Deb sent me the most unusual wooden spoon I've ever seen. The bowl is very large in relationship to the handle and the wood is gorgeous. Deb mentioned it being perfect for something like Pasta Salad, and it would be. I imagine I'll be getting lots of comments about it and I'll be sure to tell how I came to be the proud owner!

I was also lucky enough to be blessed with some special things from Virginia (Deb was thinking a horse but the postage was prohibitive!) I love getting things that are local to the area my swap partner is from, it's always so special and personal. Two great Virginia cookbooks. One looks like it will be a great bathtub read, it describes and provides background on the historic restaurants in Virginia along with their famous recipes. The other is a Junior League Cookbook of real Virginia recipes but with a twist, not sure what the twist is but I'll know before the day is out. Along with that was a can of Virginia peanuts, I'm pretty sure I never mentioned that Clive was the peanut king, but he is. So much so that a friend gives him a Costco size jar every Christmas. So guess I'll share!

Somewhere along the way Deb seems to have gotten the notion that we like wine and sent us some local Virginia wine, a red and a white, both dry. Deb described the one winery and I think it may have to be a stop we make when we are in Virginia next year. Can't wait to uncork but will restrain myself until Clive gets home....at least I'll try!

Last but not least, the bags! Clever Deb packed everything into a great big woven basket that will be perfect for hauling all my "hooking" supplies around in. It's perfect because the uncut wool can lie flat and it opens up really wide so I can easily see everything inside. Perfect! She also sent a produce bag and a cooler bag for my trips to the market. Deb suggested I may want to use the woven basket for the market instead of my hooking but I'm going to use it for my hooking, 'cause my hooking is special and so is Deb!!.

Deb I can't tell you how much I appreciate the things you picked for me. They are all very much me. You were very thoughtful and very generous and I shall think of you every time I enjoy them.

Thanks so much

Sharon

Comments (33)