SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justme4now

I Have A Real Bad Problem (BSOD)

justme4now
12 years ago

For a while I was occasional getting the message that Windows Explorer wasn't responding and would now shut down.

This happened on the Administrative account Only.

The other day I was creating a new folder on my desktop when the screen went Totally Black.

I can't do anything on that account except pull up the Task Manager using CtrL +Alt + Delete;

I CAN and have started the Task Manager but I have tried every 'New Task' option that I can think of to get into any of my folders and either the task manager freezes or nothing at all happens!

I have used Safe Mode but get the same Black screen anyway.

I can boot to any user account and ALL of them 'except' the main or administrator account works!

I get a completely Black screen with only the cursor showing.

I get a pop up saying "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working And Will Close Now" message and .. that's it .. just a black screen?

I Think that a system32 may also be a problem but .. I just don't know!?

As I said, the other two user accounts work with no problems but they're useless for anything other than web surfing because they are restricted to being 'regular user' accounts!

I can't download and install programs or run advanced options with them.

I am down to two options and I'm not sure which one to use?

I have the Vista64 recovery disks (4 of them) that I made from the computer when I first got it and I have the "Operating System Disc" that came with the computer?

That one says "Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit/32 with SP1" on it.

Am I down to these two options only and .. What is the difference between the 4 recovery disks and the Operating System disc and Which one would you recommend that I use?

Thank You Everyone

JM

Comments (36)