SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Adobe type programs to use

Secunia found an insecure Adobe Flash Player which Revo Uninstaller did not remedy despite an Advanced Scan. I finally cleared it all out using an uninstaller program provided in a thread in the Secunia Community Forum.

In my frustration to "find" the offending file (and before I learned about the special uninstaller program), I removed all things Adobe (using Revo with "Advanced Scan").

My question now is what Adobe programs do I need, if any?

1) AIR - Advice on these forums suggests I don't need it so I won't add it

2) Reader - I'll use PDF Xchange Viewer as recommended by guru's here

3) Flash Player - a google search says "flash player is one of the most important components a computer has to have if you go onto the internet". Is the Adobe Flash Player recommended by the forum guru's?

4. Shockwave Player - again, a search seems to indicate I should have this program. Is Adobe's recommended?

Info: XP Media Center Edition; IE 6 with SP2. Up-to-date per Secunia. I do e-mail and surf. NOT a gamer but on rare occasions use youtube for how-to-videos (i.e. how to install RAM, etc.)

MANY, MANY thanks to the members of this forum who share their expertise and work with the rest of us to solve our problems and answer questions. I lurk (and learn) here daily. - June

Comment (1)