SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seagrass_gw

Windows Media Player (help!)

Hi - I usually hang around the cooking and gardening forums but have come to this one for help in the past and hope someone can help me again. I'll try to keep a long story short - but over the weekend I had problems with my Hotmail and with their "support" I did all kinds of scary things to my computer (including deleting cookies and temporary internet files, altering internet options re: security) and other things that I don't understand, including re-registering files that run scripts on a page (for example).

Good news - my Hotmail is up and running...AND my computer is working faster. I have to tell Amazon.com, eBay and LLBean who I am again LOL! But I can live with that.

I'm in the Netherlands temporarily. I can't live without my internet radio stations back in the States. I just went to WBUR in Boston to listen to NPR's Morning Edition but Windows Media player won't sing. I get this message in a pop up window (even after installing the lastest version of Windows Media Player just a few minutes ago). It says:

"Windows Media player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found."

Can anyone tell me what to do? It's a mystery to me.

Thank you so much in advance,

seagrass

Comments (4)