SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangs81

Noel Elizabeth, My Beautiful Angel Crossed Over

mustangs81
13 years ago

Noel in front, Buster Frank in the back.

Peppi, my dear friend and pet mentor, urged me to share my sorrow with those here who understand the loss of a beloved pet. I haven't been able to share this even with family members because of my guilt that I didn't do enough.

Noel was 16 years old. Of late she has been suffering with feline diabetes. In addition to medication, for the last year I have been making her food and I saw remarkable improvement.

Noel was an incredible cat, when my mom was with us, Noel would persist in waking me up at night until I discovered she only did this if there was something wrong with mom (e.g. she had falling, was crying out, or was in distress).

The last time I saw Noel, she looked at me and I knew she was saying "mom, it's time". It was the same look I saw in my own mother's eyes before...

Buster misses her too, they were together for 16 years. He follows me like a shadow, sleeps on top of me, sits on the keyboard. I am debating getting a brother/sister for him.

I know I am rambling but it's hard when your eyes are clouded with tears and your heart is bursting with sorrow.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!