SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostales

Cross over to 'The Dark Side'

hostaLes
11 years ago

Looking at Gesila's Burger King NOID brought out the "Dark Side" in moi! The City Hall in Wilmington IL has 5 hostas in a foundation border on the SOUTH side with not a tree or shrub in sight. The only shade they get is when it is cloudy. They were mature when I moved here in 2004, and appear to be Francis Williams. By early July they are pretty well scorched. Yet they survive.

Every time I pay my city utilities bill I have this itch to sneak back at night and steal a couple of small sections to take home and propogate. It is a DEMON that haunts me.

If I had Gesila's BK near my house, every morning when I buy my "Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Bisquit' and Sr. Harvey Wallbanger on the rocks, I would think about sneaking back and stealing a couple of small bits of that gorgeous hosta.

So if you see a retired, retarded, scragly white haired stranger with a cast from ankle to hip sneaking around your hosta gardens at night weilding a huge serrated knife and a plastic bag you will know who it is.

Have any of you entertained such thoughts, or am I the only hostaholic with this particular DEMON in my head?

Have any one ever DONE it instead of just fantacizing about it? You can fess-up. We won't tell anyone.

Les

Comments (29)