SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

A CF meeting over the long weekend.

annie1992
11 years ago

Elery and I spent a couple of days replacing his basement windows, cleaning closets, etc. Mid-week I got a call from lpinkmountain, she was in Michigan! Did I want to meet her and her significant other?

What a question, of course I did. We agreed to meet on my way back home, as I was going north and she was going back to Pennsylvania, but there was a glitch. It was nearly 90F and I had Cooper with me, I couldn't leave him in the car while we met at a restaurant.

Now, L and I go "way back", we've picked blueberries and made jam at my house and had a picnic on the lakeshore by her parents' place. Once we met for breakfast in a restaurant, but I think that's the only time.

So we found a park and made arrangements to meet. L brought hummus and pita bread and broccoli salad and some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, grapes, a watermelon, some rugelach. I brought crackers and cheese curds and turkey for sandwiches. Diet Coke, of course, my drink of choice. (grin) Oh, and a nice bottle of chocolate raspberry balsamic from a winery close to Elery's house.

We had a lovely time, sitting and eating and talking and looking at the pictures of the Upper Peninsula on L's computer. Cooper was a good boy and laid under the table, waiting for anyone to sneak him turkey and cheese. Elery and L's SO got along famously, talking about construction and electrician work and pretty much everything else while L and I "caught up".

A couple of hours went by and it was time to get on the road. I didn't even bring my camera, so no pictures, but it was sure nice to see L again, and to meet the elusive BF. We definitely need to do that again, and soon!

Annie

Comments (16)