SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
obxgina

Crash Course in BC Needed..Please

obxgina
15 years ago

My mom got her test results and it is cancer! She was able to see her surgeon yesterday. I went to the breast cancer.org website (thank you Cloudswift)and was able to come up with some questions for her to ask the surgeon. Is this a new cancer or a reoccurrance of the previous, (it is new) and is it invasive or non-invasive, (it is invasive.) I was able to convince her to see an oncologist. One was recommended to her by a good friend but he is on vacation until next week, as well as her gynocologist. This is all so overwhelming I'm afraid for all of us. I am going to try and get as much info for her as posible and I am trying to get away to be there with her when she sees the oncologists. At this point I feel like I need a crash course in BC. What questions should she be asking? She is 84 years old. She is very independant. She lives alone. My sister is in Pittsburgh about 6 hours away and unable to be there for health reasons. I'm in NC 8-1/2 hours away. We both have asked my mom to move to be closer to one of us, but she wants to be close to her church and friends. I feel sooo guilty for being so far away! Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA Gina

Comments (19)