SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

SP3 blocking tool by microsoft and info

For those of you that want to continue to block SP3 from auto updates and not let it get on your pc microsoft has a tool out that will block it for a period of time. Here is the link to that page.

SP3 blocking tool

Here are two very good articles from PC Pitstop about many of the continuing problems showing up from SP3, it is now apparent that many people that thought they had a smooth install of SP3 actually did not, things they had not noticed are now showing up, some programs are not working or not working properly, many people lost every single restore point on their pc and SP3 did not create one as it should have so they are left with no restore points. For many it has caused some serious registry corruption by creating a lot of junk registry entries.

Keep an eye on your pc if you have already installed sp3 and if you are not noticing any problems with it or other programs say some big thank yous.

If you have not installed sp3 yet you are doing right by waiting. I have not and likely will not.

Here are the articles which are excellent reads for everyone.

pc pitstop article

pc pitstop survey sp3

reading the comments after the articles is eye opening to say the least. I have to think those are only the people who know where to go to post about their problems, how many out there have no clue and are still trying to figure out what the heck happened.

I got one of those phone calls last night! She was in tears and had no idea what had happened, all she did was do her windows updates. That was all I had to hear unfortunately.

The best tool as always is to be informed!

Comments (5)