SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
epressler

Backsplash dilemma, Need Help!! Please!! Pics!

Emily
12 years ago

Hi everyone! I have been getting great ideas from this site for a while but just recently joined. This is my first posting. My dilemma is this:My DH and I are redoing our powder room. We put a marble top on our vanity, however it did not turn out exactly as planned so now I have an additional backsplash issue. We bought a linear glass/marble tile to put up the wall to the ceiling behind the vanity. My plan all along was just to do this behind the vanity and not on the sides. When I ordered my countertop I thought I said I wanted all three sides finished so I would not need to put any tile on the side, however when it was installed the sides were not finished and the countertop goes wall to wall. I can live with that but they put this bead of caulk which really doesn't look good. So I can either put up marble splashes on all three sides and start my linear tile above that in the back or I can just start my linear tile on the countertop like I was planning and use extra 3 inch tall pieces of that tile on the sides. Here are pictures.

with marble splashes and tile, I think it might look a little heavy

close-up

no marble splashes, just tile

I think I like it better without the marble splashes but I am not sure. My mother thinks the glass tile on the sides would look like an after-thought. I really was going for a more of a clean look and I am afraid the marble splashes make the vanity look too heavy. What do you think? My tile guy is coming tomorrow to install and I have no idea which looks better. TIA!

Comments (11)