SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Trouble transferring Quicken data from PC to Mac

lynnalexandra
14 years ago

Hi. I'm not quite sure what I want to ask here. I'm on a non-profit Board - and our Treasurer knows less tech than I do. She has a Mac and took over the Treasurer's job. The previous treasurer had PC. Apparently, it's been a nightmare for 6 months to transfer the data and get the program working.

They switched positions this summer - and the new Treasurer can't get Quicken to generate a 2009 report. It seems to only want to deal with the data entered with Quicken for Mac - and not incorporating data transferred from the quicken for PC. Quicken has tried to help - and both Treasurers have spent endless hours for months - with Quicken, our online bank, and even paid a computer consultant (which apparently was a waste of time).

I have more than my share of work for this organization as President (this is all volunteer) - so I don't quite want to take this one on. But I wondered if there were any pointers I could give the Treasurer. Either a good program, online documentation about this transfer, a suggestion of which forums might help them (maybe even here if she registered and folks here knew this terrain). - Maybe even a recommendation for a computer person in Washington, DC (or Montgomery County Maryland).

One very useful example I learned here was when I wanted to transfer my email from AOL to GMAIL - and there was not way to transfer directly - so this forum recommended I transfer them to yahoo first, and then to Gmail. Wondered if there's some similar already figured out method for this transfer they've been struggling with for 6 months.

Thank you.

Lynn.

Comment (1)