SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audrey_gw

Problem with Copy and Paste in Excel

audrey_gw
15 years ago

Hi, everybody. I'm the registrar for a conference, and every year we buy another mailing list in addition to our own. Last year, I received the list by e-mail in Excel--several different files, actually, as it is divided by state. And, after moving one column in the received files, I was able to copy and paste them in at the end of our own mailing list. That's how I recall it anyway!

But, this year, when I try doing the same thing, Excel tells me it can't be done because the cells in the "copy area and the paste area are not the same size and shape." I was somewhat sceptical about that, so I tried pasting two of the received files together and got the same response. Now I'm pretty sure the woman from whom we get these files would have the same size columns in all of them.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be here? I've never learned to use formulas in Excel, and don't really want to have to! I just need to get all these files into one file somehow.

It's possible that I'm remembering wrongly what I did last year, but I know I must have got them all into one file somehow, as the computer program I use for the mailing requires that.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert