SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Help, please! I have an Excel problem.

12 years ago

For the work I do at home for a lawyer, I use the same Excel template over and over, saving my work under different file names. Each sheet has seven columns with headings. At the bottom of each sheet is a Page Total row followed by a Grand Total row--but the Grand Total rows don't get filled in every time.

Usually I finish a project before the template runs out. It's fairly large--about 500 rows or so. If it looks as though the project is going to run longer, I copy a blank sheet (headings at the top, then 25 blank rows, then the Page Total and Grand Total rows at the bottom) and paste it in several times to enlarge the template.

This time the project was big, and I failed to recognize that I needed more room. I didn't discover this until I had way overshot the template--by about 75 rows.

I copied one of the existing header/footer sections and pasted it into my completed rows in the proper places. Then I went to View --> Page Break Preview and adjusted the page breaks. It all looked okay on my screen. But when I printed these pages some of the text is huge. On my screen it's all 9 or 10 pt. type, but on paper it's a mess, with the font in certain rows much larger than it's supposed to be. I don't see a pattern for this.

Can someone please tell me how to correct these monster rows? Thank you!!

Comments (6)