SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yankeesrule_gw

2 different problems, and i dont have an answer, please advise.

yankeesrule
14 years ago

I was so excited about my love & Peace rose, it began growing very nicely. about 1 week after planting as bare root in pot, one thin cane turned yellow, and had no leaves, so i cut it all the way down to the base. Plant continued to leaf out with no problems. I transplanted to ground, and all was fine, then the yellow color started showing up on one cane, then it got worse on that cane, then the other canes are also showing yellow, and now they are actually starting to get dark brown from the tips of the canes down. To give you some history, I filled the pot with scotts top soil (it said it was great for planting) i put the bare root in the pot, and watered well, everything seemed OK. Other plants that were done the same way, are doing fine. This is my favorite rose, ofcourse its the one with the problem. Someone please tell me what is wrong, and how i can fix it. I have added pictures. The leaves look perfectly healthy. My other problem is very bizzare, but i think i know what might have happened. My tree rose all of a sudden has one section totally dried, i mean the leaves were like dirt, crispy, while the rest of the tree is excellent, my kids were playing with water very close to the tree, is it possible that they splashed water onto that side, and the sun just burnt it ? that happened from one day to the next. I have added pictures of the tree as well. Thanks for your help. {{gwi:310730}} {{gwi:310731}} {{gwi:310732}} {{gwi:310733}} {{gwi:310734}}

Comments (16)