SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricia_kuehne

Well don't you know I have another problem...

Patricia Kuehne
9 years ago

Since you all helped me with that web-site I could not connect to, I have another problem. I use Firefox and/or IE 10, BUT on most all sites I am having trouble with the site freezing up and somewhere a box says getting the web site back or something to that affect. Also when I am on a website, and click to something, it is sooooooooo slow doing it. If I log out on facebook it takes forever,etc. I don't know where this comes from but at the bottom of the screen lots of times, it says Tech-GenieIV your site is protected now. I deleted every single thing I could find on this computer with the IYoggi crap and it still pops up. I think I am in for a crash and don't know what is going on. Thank for any help. Oh ps, another person on that web site I could not access, thanked the admns. for fixing his problem about not being to log on, so it was not just me. Thanks kbarb and all the rest who helped me on that deal.

Comments (23)

• mikie_gw
    9 years ago

You might want to run something to scan for bad guys like the free version of www.Malwarebytes.com , would be a good idea I think.

• aputernut
    9 years ago

Sounds like a viral toolbar or search conduit is trying to redirect to their website or adverts, look in control panel, uninstall and when list populates scroll down and look for oddities and uninstall ASAP.

• zep516
    9 years ago

I deleted every single thing I could find on this computer with the IYoggi crap and it still pops up.

You may have left a registry run key behind, Id run revo uninstaller, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.

Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free. See link below:

* Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.

* From the list of programs double click on The Program to remove

* When prompted if you want to uninstall click <b>Yes.</b>

* Be sure the <b>Moderate</b> option is selected then click <b>Next.</b>

* The program will run, If prompted again click <b>Yes</b>

* when the built-in uninstaller is finished click on <b>Next.</b>

* Once the program has searched for leftovers click <b>Next.</b>

* <b>Check/tick</b> the <b>bolded items</b> only on the list then click <b>Delete</b>

* when prompted click on <b>Yes</b> and then on <b>next.</b>

* put a check on any folders that are found and select <b>delete</b>

* when prompted select <b>yes</b> then on <b>next</b>

* Once done click <b>Finish.</b>

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html
    Under Download Locations use Author's site or MajorGeeks to download file.

• aputernut
    9 years ago

Deleting is not the same as uninstalling, by no means.

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have revo, and have done every single thing can to find parts of this iyogi stuff. I have found some on start-up,etc. and have deleted them. Don't know what else to do at this time, but I sure appreciate all the help, just don't know where this is coming from?

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I meant I uninstalled not deleted.

• zep516
    9 years ago

If you still struggle with this problem perhaps it's time to take a closer look at things. I can help you here,

http://www.help2go.com/forum.php Post a topic in the spyware forum.

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kbarb, I will remember this, I have run Malaware twice, did not see anything, will try the other stuff, thank you all so much.

• PRO
    kbarb - San Francisco - Z10a
    9 years ago

There are still a number of other techniques. If all else fails you can do a search in the registry, but perhaps leave that for later as it's kind of computer open heart surgery, but not that big a deal if you're familiar with it. (Not for novices though.)
    Let us know how it goes.

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kbarb, bring it on, I will try anything, then I will try zeps.

• mikie_gw
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

If you have not yet, look in your browser for search engines and add-ons. If its not a standard yahoo or flash player or whatevr .. get rid of it. If its an addon from facebook anything.... uninstall it.

Its not a big deal to save or export your favorites if you use them, and uninstall FireFox including personal. Restart your computer before downloading and reinstalling it again.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Well . . . I gave you two links of directions to follow - above.
    You don't say if you followed the second one.
    Also as I wrote, there are a lot of guides if you just google for "Remove iYogi.com".
    It'd be better to follow a number of those, rather than go through a generic list of removal techniques.

A couple of mysteries of missing information though . . . you say you use Firefox and IE, but you don't say with whicn one the pop-up happens, or if with both. Likewise with the freezing problem.

Remember, none of us can see what you're doing, so you need to be very specific. When I use this program, this happens, and so on.

In Firefox, I'd say check all your extensions and plugins. If you have a lot and can't locate the problematic one, disable half of them to see if it's in that half, and if not, re-enable those, then disable the other half, and keep doing that until you narrow it down to the culprit.

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

been away for awhile, minor back sur. Have finally gotten rid of that iyogi crap. thank you to EVERYONE that has helped me here, now I have another problem, albeit a minor one, should I make a new post or post it here, just minor is all? well I will go on and tell here. anytime I click on anything on a website, the column that would come on when you RIGHT click drops down. It is annoying at worst. How can I stop this? Thank so much for all your expert help here and I do appreciate it even though I don't say exactly the things that can help you help me. I am a complete novice with computers as you all can tell, but being here to help me and others is a great benefit, PK, in La.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Minor back surgery ? I didn't know there was such a thing.

I don't understand your latest problem though.
    You're saying if you right click on a link, you get what's known as "context menu" - a small column of choices you can choose, where you right clicked.
    That's normal, so I don't see what the problem is.

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No, every place I click on anything with a left click, the context menu drops down every single time, I don'tknow how to stop this, seems very sensitive to me. Well the back sur. thing was kinda minor, but my back pain is not, lol. hope the surg.helped. Thanks kbarb.

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG you people are so great, thanks to ZEP

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

oops, cannot find button they are talking about, told you I am novice. don't understand solutions. Thank you, one more time, PK in La.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Which step are you referring to ? Step #1 ?
    Something else ?

• Patricia Kuehne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

referring to zep's post of where to find fix for right,left drop down box, don'w understand answer on post he sent me to.

• PRO
    9 years ago

yes, we know that.
    But on the page Zep linked to, which step are you referring to, that you're having problems with.

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    9 years ago

Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt the flow but something is bothering me...

" ... every place I click on anything with a left click, the context menu drops down ... "
    and...

" ... anytime I click on anything on a website, the column that would come on when you RIGHT click drops down ... "

Does that mean you have to right-click to follow a link? Right-click a shortcut to run a program?

If so, and you don't have it set it that way on purpose, perhaps your left and right buttons are just reversed?

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company