SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

NE1 get freaked out by their all over paint color?

gobruno
14 years ago

So, after agonizing for weeks about an all over paint color for the house, we went with SW Concord Buff. We bought 6 sample pots of yellowish/cream/tan colors and stared at them for days. The color went on yesterday (sprayed all over ceilings and walls), and our builder called me just to check that they put on the right color. I was a bit concerned and asked him why. He said, um bc it's yellow. I got a bit freaked out by that and asked him if it looked bad. He said it didn't look bad but that it was yellow. I guess he was more concerned that they got the wrong paint color bc he though that with a name like Concord Buff, that the color was going to be more Buff, and he was surprised when it came off as yellowish. I drove by last night, and it was dark and foggy, and of course, it did look yellowish. Duh, I should know that bc we were going for yellowish/cream/tan. But, now suddenly I'm feeling self-conscious about it. Plus, bc the color is sprayed all over (ceilings and walls), the color just envelops you. KWIM? I'm going to be painting lots of other colors in there myself, but in the dark light I did feel like I had fallen into a yellow paint can! Did anybody else feel like there all over paint color was just too much?

Comments (9)