SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbntn74

Trying not to freak out...Help please. Long (sorry).

Missy Benton
12 years ago

I feel like I am becoming overwhelmed with this new build project and we have barely started? I meet with the kitchen design center on Thursday and feel pretty good about that appointment. Next week I have my first interior selections appointment and I got the list of things I will be choosing and I almost had a heart attack! I trust myself when I'm in a space and can throw color on a wall and watch it in different lights but I am so nervous to pick things from small sample boards in a room that looks nothing like my house! How do people do it???

Anyway, I've been pouring over pictures and walking around granite yards trying to get a good idea of what I want. This is what I am thinking...

Off white permimeter cabinets, medium brown floors with very little red, island stained very close to floors. I know contrast could look great but I think I could really mess this up based on pictures I've seen. I am leaning toward Antique Brown on the off white cabs and Bianco Antico on the stained island? I have no idea about backsplash but that should be pretty easy for me. What do you think?

I also need to pick paint colors. Ugh. We're getting some new furniture when we move in and it is seems so backwards to pick paint colors first, but I guess I have too. Our current bedroom/bathroom is painted SW Universal Khaki and I took my two granite samples up to my room and like it with that color. It leans greenish grey, which is where I was hoping to go. Want to stay away from beige this time. So, I was thinking I could use that color for most of the first floor (or one or two up the chart)and then use coordinating accent colors in the morning room and the dining room. I can let the designer help me with that.

I do have a wood table with burnt reddish upholstered chairs (all from World Market)that I bought to bring color into my current house. I love them and I'm hoping they will still work in the breakfast room or in the dining room with what I've described.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comments (9)