SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Need suggestions to 'arrange' the new bathroom space

caroline94535
16 years ago

I'm stumped. The contractor is pulling out the old bathroom next week. I can't get a grip on the best way to use the tiny space and I can't figure out my BH&G program enough to draw out my thoughts.

This is the only bathroom on the main living floor. It's located off the central hallway.

The room is 7' wide, and 9' long. We can't borrow any space to make it bigger. It is what it is...small.

The east and west walls are 7' wide. The entry door is dead center in the east wall. It cannot be moved.

The 6' long home-made vanity runs the length of the south wall, except for the last 30". The toilet is there, facing north.

The north wall, from the entry door, has a 30"x30" full height linen closet, and then the tub in a three-wall enclosure. The room is long and narrow, with no window.

We are going to install a Panasonic Whisper Quiet exhaust fan in the ceiling. The wiring will be brought up to code, the ceiling and floor will be replaced.

The built in linen closet can come out.

We're replacing the short, long vanity with a wall-hung 48" wide model with one sink.

Now for the hard part.

I want to move the tub to be parallel to the west wall. At the end of the tub will be the false wall and about 18" of space to put in a floor to ceiling cabinet.

I want to remove the built in linen closet and put the toilet there. It will be facing west, and the vanity will stay in the same location on the south wall.

Does this sound reasonable, or would it be best to not move the plumbing fixtures around?

I hate to re-do the bathroom and still have the long, narrow cramped feeling.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!