SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Bathroom paint color/frame color suggestions needed

marisany
15 years ago

I posted this in the bathroom forum, but thought I'd also ask for help here.

Demolition started today on our small full bath. I need to start thinking about paint colors. The room will have a tiled 30" x 5' shower stall (Grazia Essenze Magnolia subway tiles up to detail strip, 5" square above and on ceiling; detail strip will be tiles with leaves with rows of beads above and below, in "coffee" - a soft, medium cocoa color if I remember correctly, not a dark brown). The shower floor will be Durango limestone in 1" mosaic, the rest of the floor will be Durango limestone in 12" squares. The toilet and pedestal sink will be white, traditional (Toto Promenade and Porcher Pomezia). All faucets and hardware (medicine cabinet, glass shelf, towel bar and rings, light fixture) will be polished nickel. I've put a link below to the Durango limestone, which is a marbled beige and white. The Grazia tiles on the shower walls are off-white.

What would be a good color for the walls? Towels?

I'm also going to have a concealed medicine cabinet custom-made for the wall above the toilet. This will look like a picture frame when closed. I'm planning on a tall, narrow frame (30" x 12") because of the space I have, and thinking of a mat with 3 6" x 8" photos vertically. Should this be black or wood-toned? This is kind of the idea, except that I would have larger photos and less mat, and I don't necessarily like the frame:

http://www.framesbymail.com/photo/sku/PS1045346

These look nicer, I like the black frames on a neutral wall, but the 3-photo frame is too small (and I would be hanging it vertically):

http://www.exposuresonline.com/ExposuresOnline/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Frames&SCID=Entire%20Frame%20Collection&CollectionID=L0800MULTI#ancProductDetail

Here is a link that might be useful: Durango limestone

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1467640}}

Comments (2)