SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

Home Plan - Please Review - Pretty Pretty Please :)

momto3kiddos
13 years ago

We will be purchasing land soon and hope to build soon after. I have created this plan myself and no architect has seen it yet. I would love to get some practical things figured out before we meet with an architect. Any input you have is very much appreciated! I have also included (I hope) a couple of photos that are my inspiration for the elevation.

We are building on farm land, but I am not very interested in having a "farm house" look. More traditional/colonial is my thing. We have 3 kids, ages 6,4, and 9 months. It is possible that we may have just one more kid at some point. We will be in this home forever. We love to cook and entertain. There is sometime one cook but often 2 or 3 in my kitchen. We like to host large groups and as the kids grow up we hope to be the place where the kids "hang".

A few specific points - how can I maximize light coming in from the bathroom off the mudroom? Dining room large to accomodate a 12 seater table one day. The study is more the "trophy room" for my hunting-loving husband. My oldest are girls and will share the jack and jill bath. The playroom is to be an entertainment room and playroom for the whole family. Please make suggestions on laundry room. The double doors are for a closet to keep laundry hampers in, so in theory, all I have to do is pull them into the laundry room to wash. The master bath has a walk-in shower - I despise shower doors! I think it is small enough to stay warm, but large enough for 2 shower heads and 2 people.

Thanks in advance!!!

I like this elevation (below) the best, but the roof pitch of the above photo.

Comments (13)