SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trailrunz

Please Review my 1.5 Story House Plans

NL
8 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I just posted my kitchen layout in the kitchen forum and got some awesome advice, opinions and input so I thought I'd post the entire floorplan here.

A little info: My wife and I are building on some property we own and planning to start a family in the next year or so. We originally wanted to build a ranch but with a limited budget our builder suggested that we do a 1.5 story to maximize space out of the footprint. We fell in love with the idea. The plans below are currently out for bid; while we can change anything we want, we would likely only make minor changes from here on out (keep the "4 walls" as-is, but we could alter the rooms). One thing we absolutely cannot do is add any square footage - we're stretching our budget to the max based on the interior selections we plan to choose.

The house will sit on a two acre wooded lot, about 250 ft back from the road. The front of the house will face South and the rear of the house will be heavily wooded. We have yet to do the site preparation/excavation and there is quite a bit to do, so one change that may occur is we may have less walkout and more daylight in the basement (perhaps none at all on the garage side of the house). I'm not posting the basement layout as we do not plan to finish the basement until after we move in and live there for a while.

Any & all opinions, comments and feedback are welcome!

Comments (38)