SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hudsonleigh_gw

Bathtub Surround...what are my options?

hudsonleigh
15 years ago

So we're remodeling the family bath, used by my three daughters, and I've been trying to figure out the whole tub surround issue. I currently have standard 1960's 4x4 mauve tile, and I hate the grout lines, mildew, etc. I'd like to do some kind of solid surround, but I think the swanstone/corian just looks too hotel-y, and most of the one-piece acrylic models look kind of cheap. So what are my other options? I saw some large format Porcelanosa tiles at Expo Design Ctr, which would drastically reduce the number of grout lines, but they seemed pretty pricey. In searching the THS archives, I saw where someone mentioned a thin granite surround, but there was no follow-up. Anyone have any info or pics on other products, or any general input?

Also, related to this....my kids want glass doors on the tub, rather than a shower curtain. I don't (hate the way you can't keep the track clean), but it's their bathroom that I rarely use, so I'm willing to give in on this point. Are there any doors that have minimal or no frames, and thus would be easier to keep clean? I suggested one of those glass screens that encloses half the tub, but DH says it'd be too drafty. Is there anything else out there?

Thanks for any input.

Comments (8)