SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecoleman251_gw

Tub/shower combo & 2 sinks or Separate Tub & Shower & 1 sink

ecoleman251
16 years ago

I have been wrestling with this decision forever. I have room in my mb to have a separate walk in shower and claw foot tub, but I will only be able to have one sink. Another "but", I will have a separate vanity with a mirror on an adjacent wall so that 2 people would not be crowded around the sink to get ready. The other configuration would be a simpel tub/shower combination with a shower curtain, I'm thinking Kohler Memoir cast iron. I've tried to estimate the cost difference between the 2 options, and there is a difference of about $2-3,000, meaning the separate tub and shower would be that much more expensive, when you factor in the wider, more expensive console sink I want and the extra tub, and the glass shower enclosure. Uggghhhh...my plans are to stay here for the long haul, but plans sometimes change, so I do have resale concerns in the back of my mind. My house is about 100 years old and I have a high end kitchen that I just put in, so I don't want to skimp, but...why do you dislike your tub/shower combo? And which is more important, a walk in shower or having 2 sinks?

Comments (7)