SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Hanging a smaller mirror over a large flat wall mirror?

A couple of years ago we were remodeling our small powder room in a (modified) craftsman style. I bought a wood framed craftsman style mirror from Home Decorators.com, where I also bought the vanity. The original powder room had/has a large mirror that fills up the whole wall horizontally over the sink and toilet.

When it came time to install the vanity, etc., the contractor refused to remove the wall mirror. Said it was too well glued on and would break and require too much time and effort to chisel it off. We were under the gun to keep going so had to agree.

I still have the wood framed mirror and want to use it. There is no place else in that small room where it will fit. It is NOT an option to still remove the wall mirror.

What would it look like if I hung it over wall mirror, centered over the vanity? The vanity is on the left side of the wall. The toilet is to the right of the vanity. The big wall attached mirror is over both of those. I think it might actually help to balance or ground the visual weight of the dark wood vanity with its black granite top. It can be hung vertically or horizontally. Horizontally it is the exact same width as the vanity. I know it would NOT look good centered over the whole mirror.

Can anyone show me how this looks, if you have done it? Thanks!

IÂm sorry I canÂt take pics of my actual bathroom: the camera cable is lost. I have attached the pics of the mirror I bought, plus the vanity. Links too.

Here is a link that might be useful: mirror

Comments (7)