SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

hanging a mirror over a vanity...

andrelaplume2
15 years ago

I ask this here because, no doubt, you plumber folk likely have run into this situation.

We have a 48" vanity with a 45" square by 1/4 thick flat mirror over it. To be specific the mirror is mounted via a chrome channel that runs the length of the bottom that the mirror sits in and two mirror clips at the top. I had to remove the mirror to have the vanity top replaced. I further found that the chrome channel at the bottom was nailed in 3 locations, I believe into studs. It also rested on the vanity top. The mirror also has about a dozen blobs of glue helping secure it.

Well, the new top is in and sits an inch lower than the old. Thus the chrome channel no onger rests on the vanity top. Must I lower than channel or could I leave it where it is? Will it still support the mirror if I set it back in the channel, put another dozen blobs of glue and put the clips back up top OR must I lower the channel so it again sits on the (new) cultured marble top?

It may not sound like a big deal to lower it but if I could leave it where it was I would have no spackling and repainting to do?

Thanks!!!!

Comments (5)