SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feather_z9_ncacoast

Fun Raven Behavior

I went for a walk at Ten Mile Beach yesterday (we're having gloriously warm weather for here....70-75 degrees!!)....

As I was heading back after shooting wildflower and ocean shots, I sat down on the beach between a family playing in the sand and another family taking shelter from the sun, but wanting the ocean view from a tent and beach umbrella....we were spaced about fifty feet or so apart on either side. (It's a very long beach).

I heard a raven call from behind me, so I turned and there on a dune amongst the yellow sand verbena, it was, standing there, calling and looking around.

I started doing my own raven imitation and at one point, had that raven's full attention. I had a NutriGrain Bar in my pocket...so I pulled it out and said "Hello, Raven, want some FOOD?" It saw the package and hopped down onto the beach. I opened the package and started eating, then put a piece between my fingers and beckoned to the raven with that. It sauntered over....I tossed the fruit and grain bar and it took it....then came for a closer look:

{{!gwi}}

OOOKay....at one point I had about TEN ravens all around me in a circle. Some folks on horses rode past and the ravens hopped around, away....then returned....but didn't stay long once they realized I didn't have more food.

Beggars ;)

Comments (4)