SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawnsmith_gw

In-laws Awkward Behavior

DawnSmith
10 years ago

Hi. Over the weekend, my fiance, his parents, his son, myself, and my 2 children went to an amusement park. I would like to share a few things and ask for some opinions as well.

1. GP's bought treats (5) for their bio-grandson (5 yrs old). Never offered to my children. Luckily, my children were gracious & said nothing (9 & 11 yrs). I packed treats, offered to everyone and everyone accepted my offers.

2. G-Pa, fiance, and I went off to play a golf game. G-ma offered to keep all 3 kids while bio-son finished his snack. My kids would lead them to us because they know the park well. When they were coming to our location, 5 yr old lags behind, stops and says he wants to ride the kiddy coaster. G-ma calls ahead (once) to my kids, they didn't hear her, so she just let them go and took bio-grandson on the ride. AFTER the ride, she calls me and says she doesn't know where my kids are. THANK HEAVENS I started walking "back" to them after the game just to ensure they found us and ran into my kids half way. Should I be upset about this or not? I said nothing about it.

3. Fiance was more concerned about his own good time then if his son had fun. I'm speechless with this one! Caught we by total surprise, not usual behavior.

Comments (22)