SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crcst

comical bluebird behavior

crcst
15 years ago

I decided this morning that I needed to put up a wren guard.I had not seen or heard any wrens,but a friend at work said she had one all weekend and she is only a few miles away.I have eggs due to hatch on Thursday and could not take the chance.I happened to be home today and by noon,I indeed heard a HOWR,grrrrrrr.Thank goodness I went on instinct and did install it.I sat in a lawn chair in the freezing cold for 40 minutes to make sure she would accept the guard.Within 5 minutes both adults were back at the box trying to figure it out.The comical part was that they seemed to think the blowing mylar was the problem and started tugging at it.It was very funny to watch and here I was in a winter coat coaxing her to go under and find the hole.If anyone had heard me,they would have thought I had gone off the edge.The male had no problem going to the hole and it was like he was trying to show her.Then he picked up a bug,went under the guard to the hole and she finally followed him.Once he fed her,she finally got it.so cute and comical.Good thing I am not home every day,I would be crazy,but what a way to go.I just had to share this behavior that I rarely have time to observe.So much fun.Hope the hatching goes well.....Jane in Mass.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH