SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcmoore99

BB courting behaviors

lcmoore99
15 years ago

Hiyah all,

As I've been doing the day-by-day nest building videos, I've been seeing behaviors that are considered to be 'courting' behaviors such as:

- wing waving

- male feeding female

I can't think of the other ones I wanted to list (it's TOO early!). What else is on the list? I've watched Daddy take out nesting materials that I've read is considered by some to be courting behaviors but as I do the day by day videos, I'm not so sure I see that. What are some others?

I've been reading about mating and egg development which somehow I missed in my education. I guess my parents never told me about the birds OR the bees (and certainly not about humans ). So, I gather that it takes the bluebird embryo about 24 hours to develop into an egg in the shell. I just can't seem to find how far ahead of the first egg the actual mating happens.

I had to smile when I read something about when the male mounts the female, he nibbles at her neck...I am =very= image oriented and I've been having some hysterically funny images about that!!! This weekend I was telling my husband what I learned and I took two stuff bird toys and showed him which had us both in hysterics. NO, it did NOT give him ideas...'nough said about that :)

But y'all know that I'm strange and unusual, traits I highly cherish - LOL!

Bluebird blessings, Linda...

Comment